Community
Wiki Posts
Search

armrests on klm md-11?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

armrests on klm md-11?

last weekend we flew sfo-ams on KL606 operated by an md-11. we brought along a child seat for our almost-2-year-old. however, the seat was a tad bit too wide to fit in the economy seats on the md-11 and apparently the armrests don't fold all the way up into the seatbacks, so there was no way to make the seat fit and our daughter had to sit on my lap.

next weekend we will be travelling back to sfo, so it'd be nice to know if:
1. does anyone know if all md-11 are equipped with these non fully collapsible armrests?
2. is there maybe a trick (a hidden latch or something) to make them go up all the way anyway?
3. are there any seats that are wider than the usual seats?

thanks,

- ruud
Old Jan 21, 2009, 2:19 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by ruud
last weekend we flew sfo-ams on KL606 operated by an md-11. we brought along a child seat for our almost-2-year-old. however, the seat was a tad bit too wide to fit in the economy seats on the md-11 and apparently the armrests don't fold all the way up into the seatbacks, so there was no way to make the seat fit and our daughter had to sit on my lap.

next weekend we will be travelling back to sfo, so it'd be nice to know if:
1. does anyone know if all md-11 are equipped with these non fully collapsible armrests?
2. is there maybe a trick (a hidden latch or something) to make them go up all the way anyway?
3. are there any seats that are wider than the usual seats?

thanks,

- ruud
All MD11 have the 'new' seats where the armrests between seats don't fold.

Look on the KL site for the seatplans where they show aisle armrests that will fold so you have at least one side where you can move the seat to. Problem is, however, that you might not be able to place the carseat there as often FAs don't want them in aisle seats.

Expect questions from FAs about whether the carseats are certified (they should be according to new KL rules, also on their website). However, the FAs don't seem to know how to check so a good dose of BS will probably do the trick.

As to the wider seats, these are in rows 1-6

Out of curiosity: Do you have an American carseat as my Dutch one fit perfectly earlier this week. Are American carseats wider than Dutch ones?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.