Wiki Posts
Search

KLM do have a strange notion of SALE...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2008, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Many, most dormant...
KLM do have a strange notion of SALE...

Today's "The World on Sale" announced with pomp well beforehand does not even come close to being attractive - unless of course someone considers Europe-SIN "from" EUR 936, HKG from EUR 767 or NYC from EUR 563 attractive...

What are they thinking sending this to their FFP member?
Old Aug 7, 2008, 1:50 pm

Surely when it comes to KLM, you can add a full stop after the word "notion" and save writing more
Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:16 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
KLM is not that bad. The pricess have been off-the-hook though. One difference is that now they can't advertise prices without taxes and their beloved surcharges included, so maybe one difference is that before the sale price wasn't actually the real price. Maybe it's psychological. Still, the current prices (sale or not) are up there!!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:26 am

Your mileage varies from mine (or KLM has gotten better and I have missed all the threads about it) .. a ex multi year plat who has not used KLM in recent times writes
Old Aug 8, 2008, 2:27 am

Programs: FB Plat for Lifetime, Hertz & Sixt Gold; Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime, Amex Platinum
Pro`s and con`s of KLM offers

KLM special offers always make me smile. For their special "Countdown" offers out of Germany and within Europe Lufthansa usually charges just 40% of the KLM rate. When it comes to regular bookings, I have to admit, KLM is always among the most reasonable for long hauls, in business class in particular. KLM WBC is far from being top notch, but you face an honest "you get what you pay for" product, when comparing availability, service, seating, connection and frequency.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue
For flights to the US just book via nwa.co.jp

That are prices you want! Then it is 345 for a return to NYC!

-> KLM for people flying from AMS is expensive! It feels like discrimination when you are dutch. But thanks to FT there is always a better way of finding a good fare!
Old Aug 9, 2008, 2:48 am
Suspended

Amongst the latest "Take Off" fares from Amsterdam on the Dutch website is:

Atlanta EUR 1,019

Old Aug 9, 2008, 3:50 am

Programs: FB Silver
Meneer Guggenheimer: Just for fun I tried pricing a trip from Oslo to the US and as you said that was cheap. But NWA asks you to log in with your Worldperks account and says you must be a resident in Japan. How do you get around that or don't you?

Cobos
Old Aug 10, 2008, 5:35 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Originally Posted by Mofomat
Amongst the latest "Take Off" fares from Amsterdam on the Dutch website is:

Atlanta EUR 1,019

In C, surely
Old Aug 11, 2008, 2:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by OttoMH
In C, surely
Now that would be a bargain. But sadly it's "Y".
Old Aug 11, 2008, 5:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Login as quest and then proceed. Make sure the CC used is from somebody actual flying. And just use an address in Japan you take from the internet.

Last edited by Meneer Guggenheimer; Aug 11, 2008 at 5:20 am Reason: extra info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.