Wiki Posts
Search

Crown Lounge Schengen - SkyPri access

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum
Crown Lounge Schengen - SkyPri access

I have always thought (and read) that SkyPri would give lounge access when travelling with KLM. However today I had to pay for a second guest. The second person (my wife, silver but with SkyPri boarding card) was defined as my guest, and I had to pay for the child. I had to ask the dragon again, if this was correct, and I was told (contrary to belief) that SkyPri did not matter - only Flying Blue status.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:36 am

Programs: A plethora of Platinum
Originally Posted by KLBGO
I have always thought (and read) that SkyPri would give lounge access when travelling with KLM. However today I had to pay for a second guest. The second person (my wife, silver but with SkyPri boarding card) was defined as my guest, and I had to pay for the child. I had to ask the dragon again, if this was correct, and I was told (contrary to belief) that SkyPri did not matter - only Flying Blue status
"Gold and Platinum members and one guest benefit from complimentary access to lounges when travelling on a same day flight operated by Air France, KLM, China Southern Airways or a SkyTeam partner (including connections to/from an international SkyTeam partner flight). Platinum members may also bring their children under 18 (part of the family unit and still financially dependent on FB Member) travelling with them on the same flight into the Air France and KLM Lounges."

--> If you have Flying Blue Platinum status (or higher), your child can join you for free. If you have Flying Blue Gold status or hold Skyteam Elite Plus through another program, you have to pay for the child.
ofj and KLBGO like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I have always thought (and read) that SkyPri would give lounge access when travelling with KLM. However today I had to pay for a second guest. The second person (my wife, silver but with SkyPri boarding card) was defined as my guest, and I had to pay for the child. I had to ask the dragon again, if this was correct, and I was told (contrary to belief) that SkyPri did not matter - only Flying Blue status.
SkyP and lounge access are different things. Being eligible for SP doesn’t mean having lounge access. The agent was right. Lounge access is granted for First and business class pax (no guest allowed) and for ST Elites+ pax (one guest allowed). For the latter, specific rules apply as explained in the post just above mine.
KLBGO and hhdl like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum
Good, thanks.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I have always thought (and read) that SkyPri would give lounge access when travelling with KLM.
Where did you read that?

SkyPriority is about "speeding your journey through the airport"; as such, lounge access could never be seen as consistent with that goal (don't get me wrong; having access to a lounge is nice, but it doesn't expedite your journey)

Anyone who has lounge access (meaning: First or Business Class ticket, or the relevant Skyteam status) by definition also has SkyPriority. However, not everyone who has SkyPriority has lounge access. It's not part of the SkyPriority "package"

https://www.skyteam.com/en/skypriority-page/

Fabo.sk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.