Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KLM catering - Let's have your menus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
BHX (roughly an hour's flight, too) has the full trolley service, including alcohol. At times they even manage to serve another drink just before landing. And indeed, I'm talking about E90s/CityHopper.

G
Indeed, I also got a regular service on BHX->AMS. On AMS->BRE I experienced the same service as Meneer experienced, and I have been told something like "the flight is too short" about the content given in Business. Another thread listed 6 flights with the same treatment.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Wink

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
Indeed, I also got a regular service on BHX->AMS. On AMS->BRE I experienced the same service as Meneer experienced, and I have been told something like "the flight is too short" about the content given in Business. Another thread listed 6 flights with the same treatment.
I think it is ridiculous that you have an actual "Europe Business Class" product and then you tell the customers that you only have thea, coffee or water as a drink option.

Every LCC will sell you anything you want on short hops.....

KLM should really be ashamed of them selves for this.

But the Sandwiches are very nice. Very small.... but I think that has to do with the size of the little bag they designed...
travelbits likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:01 pm
Ambassador: Emirates
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
I'm flying GLA-AMS on KLM in 2 weeks time. I have very little experience of flying intra-EU these days as I'm based in Australia. I'm booked in Y, flight is around 4pm. Can I expect a beer?
Old Nov 14, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by sydtogla
I'm flying GLA-AMS on KLM in 2 weeks time. I have very little experience of flying intra-EU these days as I'm based in Australia. I'm booked in Y, flight is around 4pm. Can I expect a beer?
Normally yes. The FA's will come by with beer, wines, soft drinks, juices, water, tea etc
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sydtogla
Hope you like Heineken
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
KL 1613 AMS-IST 1130-1655 737-700

I went with the pasta which was pretty decent.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 7:32 pm

AMS-JFK: pumpkin soup or another forgettable appetizer. Then coq au vin (tasteless) or cod (fine but boring) or beef stew (we did not try). Then cheese or dessert (some boring cake). For the snack a “club” sandwich (tuna salad...) or a burger (did not try). The best wine in the selection was a Pays d’Oc. Overall an economy class offer of food and drinks. KLM ought better be cheap because their WBC offering is definitely sub-par. Lovely staff but no class and it all felt very cheap. Best part of the meal: the Delft houses!
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
KL 1613 AMS-IST
I believe that KL offers an enhanced EB menu on this route because their competitor on this route offers a service that's vastly superior in every respect.

Johan
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by af fp
AMS-JFK: pumpkin soup or another forgettable appetizer. Then coq au vin (tasteless) or cod (fine but boring) or beef stew (we did not try). Then cheese or dessert (some boring cake). For the snack a “club” sandwich (tuna salad...) or a burger (did not try). The best wine in the selection was a Pays d’Oc. Overall an economy class offer of food and drinks. KLM ought better be cheap because their WBC offering is definitely sub-par. Lovely staff but no class and it all felt very cheap. Best part of the meal: the Delft houses!
I've had decent meals on KLM, but ex-AMS it's absolutely dreadful. The club/burger thing is always absolutely horrendous, and I agree on all your other points. The soup's usually the highlight for me. They need to step it up.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:27 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I was on KL809 from AMS to KUL (J) on 25 Dec...

They had 3 choices of Mains:

Fillet of Cod with Mediterranean-style tomato dressing, curried potato mousseline and mixed green beans

Coq au vin, baby potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, French beans, pearl onions and crispy pork bacon

Braised veal in a jus with onion and spices, piccalilli beans, spinach and smoked paprika orzo pasta

In addition to the normal Salad or Soup Entreé and Cheese or Dessert

Went with the Coq Au Vin which went above expectations (as with the whole KLM experience to be honest), but was still puzzled that they served pork on a flight bound to a Muslim majority country.

Not complaining though...
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clubeurope
was still puzzled that they served pork on a flight bound to a Muslim majority country.
There's nevertheless a good chance that there are non-muslims on board KL flights to KUL, upon whom the airline sees no reason to impose alien religious alimentary taboos.

Johan
af fp, RoyalSwazi, Carel1 and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope
I was on KL809 from AMS to KUL (J) on 25 Dec...

They had 3 choices of Mains:

Fillet of Cod with Mediterranean-style tomato dressing, curried potato mousseline and mixed green beans

Coq au vin, baby potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, French beans, pearl onions and crispy pork bacon

Braised veal in a jus with onion and spices, piccalilli beans, spinach and smoked paprika orzo pasta

In addition to the normal Salad or Soup Entreé and Cheese or Dessert

Went with the Coq Au Vin which went above expectations (as with the whole KLM experience to be honest), but was still puzzled that they served pork on a flight bound to a Muslim majority country.

Not complaining though...
None of those mains contains pork, right?
Those are the same options than the ones we had on AMS-JFK, as said above we were unimpressed. Maybe pork would have been good!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
None of those mains contains pork, right?
That's the bacon.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:08 pm

KL 1164 HEL-AMS 0700-0835 737-900

No menu given

Options were a strata or a crepe. The crepe was really good made for a filling breakfast

KL 1363 AMS-WAW 0945-1140 737-800

I was hoping for lunch but thankfully this breakfast is basically more like brunch. It was pretty decent too, just needed more salmon.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
For the snack a “club” sandwich (tuna salad...) or a burger (did not try).
Avoid the burger, it's absolutely horrendous with a microwaved patty that sticks to a nasty squashed/dented bun.
Seriously KLM, replace that burger on the menu as it both looks and tastes like it's been thrown at the wall a few times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.