FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Advance Seat Reservations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/718726-advance-seat-reservations.html)

lavasushi Jul 26, 2007 11:44 am

Advance Seat Reservations

I am flying from the U.S. to Amsterdam continuing on to Kilimanjaro in WBC soon. I have seats on the U.S. to AMS leg because it is NW-operated but cannot find anyone to reserve seats for me from AMS-JRO. The Platinum line said that pre-reservation is not possible. They gave me the Flying Blue phone line which was not able to help me because I'm not an FB member. Sending an e-mail through KLM's website yielded a response that they couldn't help me because it wasn't a KLM e-ticket (it's an NW e-ticket). I would really like to be in row 1 or 2 on the MD-11 - any advice about how to do that? Thanks a lot

DESMOINESguy Jul 26, 2007 3:01 pm

I just recently flew the same trip that you are and I had the same problems getting seats on the KL leg (which is a common issue often discussed on this forum). My advice is to keep calling Plat line and getting different agents. I was able to get a seat assigned eventually and it even showed up on my NW itinerary online. But then, after a few weeks, it disappeared and record only showed "not assigned". I again called Plat line, was assigned seats again, but again they did not stick. Finally I got a Plat line rep who actually knew how to do this. KL just switched to Amadeus for their reservation system. Your KL confirmation number is an Amadeus number. My Plat agent accessed the KL system using the KL confirmation number and was able to push my Plat Elite (Skyteam Elite Plus) status through into the KL system. Once this was done he could select seats for me, even elite seats, and these selections actually held for me for travel outbound and return.

NW itineraries usually show the KL confirmation number as part of the record. You can check your itinerary and actual KL seat assignments on the Amadeus website www.checkmytrip.com One you have opened your KL itinerary on the Amadeus website, you can then click on an option for "more information" or "flight details" (or similar wording, I don't recall exactly) and this will show the seats that are assigned on the KL flight.

HeathrowGuy Jul 26, 2007 4:09 pm

Air France Reservations can handle the KLM seat assignment - give AF your KLM confirmation number, and they'll take care of it for you.

lavasushi Jul 27, 2007 7:31 am

Thanks a lot for the help. NW finally saw a seatmap but couldn't assign any seats. AF assigned seats for 4 of the five of us but all of the other seats are reserved or under airport control. I checked expertflyer and the flights between JRO and AMS have no J-Class availability. Does KL ever overbook WBC? I hope not but your experiences are welcome!

jordanf56 Jul 31, 2007 11:06 am

i am actually travelling the same route in December and had the same problem the last time reserving seats from AMS-JRO

So the Air France reservation office can help assign seats?

Someone also mentioned check on www.checkmytrip.com ..has it worked? i went there but no option, im guessing because it is not within 90 days of departure?

jordanf56 Jul 31, 2007 11:11 am

I am also travelling AMS-JRO in December and always had problems assgning seats.

So did the Air France reservation office reserve the seats for you with no problem? because KLM offices do not seem to be able

eFfeM Aug 1, 2007 6:20 am

Basically they always tell me that it should be done by the agent that issued the ticket. Never managed to change it directly with KLM.
I still recall the FD days when you could just call FD to get this arranged.
Have entered reinstalling this perk a few times at the @home surveys, but to no avail.

Actually when booking an award flight the FB desk could not even get me in the select seating area...

For NW flights you are able to change your seat through the NW website, but for KL and AF I guess you should just forget it.