Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"seat choice" project: someone is listening?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2007, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M, BA Executive Club, Sofitel Plat, Priority Club, Starwood Preferred Guest
"seat choice" project: someone is listening?

Tomorrow KLM will launch the "pay for exit row seat" project, to be dubbed "Seat Choice".

In short, during internet check-in you pay EUR50 for an exit row seat on a first-come-first-served basis.
These seats cannot be reserved at reservations anymore.
Initially it will be piloted on the routes SIN, MNL, CUR to AMS.

But here is some good news: Flying Blue Platinum and Gold Elite members are not charged the EUR50 fee ^ .

Very curious to see how this project will work
Old May 9, 2007, 10:04 am

Programs: FB Plat Lifetimer / Air NZ Airpoints
Originally Posted by jetfan
Tomorrow KLM will launch the "pay for exit row seat" project, to be dubbed "Seat Choice".

In short, during internet check-in you pay EUR50 for an exit row seat on a first-come-first-served basis.
These seats cannot be reserved at reservations anymore.
Initially it will be piloted on the routes SIN, MNL, CUR to AMS.

But here is some good news: Flying Blue Platinum and Gold Elite members are not charged the EUR50 fee ^ .

Very curious to see how this project will work
Personally, I see this as a backward step. KLM are now behaving like low cost or charter airlines. Nice that FB Platinum and Gold Elite customers don't have to pay the EUR 50.00...but on the other hand it would be an excellent show of customer service to prebook those seats at time of booking for their Platinum and Gold customers.
Old May 9, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
So they took NorthWest's CoachCoice program and made it crappier. CoachChoice seats are $25, 50 euros for SeatChoice is a bit much.

Do other SkyTeam Elite or SkyTeam Elite+ get this fee waived?
Old May 9, 2007, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by florin
50 euros for SeatChoice is a bit much.
From a PE/GE perspective the price can't be high enough. The more expensive the seats, the less likely will non-elites be to pay for the extra legroom, thus leaving more seats for elites.

I say the price should be increased to €150 from day one!

Johan
Old May 9, 2007, 11:53 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
But they will fill these seats anyway, so I guess the key for non-elites is to check in as late as possible. Are the S**tCoach seats going to cost money for all flghts or just long haul?
Old May 10, 2007, 10:48 am

Programs: FB Plat lifetimer,BA, US, LH
Originally Posted by johan rebel
From a PE/GE perspective the price can't be high enough. The more expensive the seats, the less likely will non-elites be to pay for the extra legroom, thus leaving more seats for elites.

I say the price should be increased to €150 from day one!

Johan
I totally agree with you. They should do the same with their row 77 in WBC upper deck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.