Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LMAO - Hilton referal for FD Gold Elite

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2004, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
LMAO - Hilton referal for FD Gold Elite

I just got a referal from Hilton HHonors for Gold Elite FD status.

"Dear Mr/Mrs. Dambus,

Your distinctive status with HHonors allows you to be a Gold Elite Guest for Six months ..... Why? Because we think you deserve to extend the comfort and luxury you are used to at HHonoros hotels, to your travels"

Pretty soon there will be nobody left who *doesn't* have some sort of elite status with KLM!

(BTW - I'm a lowly Gold VIP with HHonors)

Edited: The GE application form is pre-printed with my surname and initial - otherwise I would have offered it to someone here. Luckily my dad has the same first intial as me....

-- Dambus

[This message has been edited by Dambus (edited Feb 26, 2004).]
Old Feb 28, 2004, 10:25 am

Buggering Hell.

I had given up hope to obtain my 10k and GE status only to find that existing GE's get to keep their status after flying once. Now people that don't fly at all get GE status. Way to go KLM.

Oh well, I'm a comped Gold VIP so can't complain I suppose.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 5:42 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Take it, and use it for the *A Status Match...
Old Mar 2, 2004, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoldCircle:
Take it, and use it for the *A Status Match... </font>
Well, I'm already FD PE so it's not much use to me. Luckily I know someone else who can use it....

I'm also planning to sign up for the *A match. Either LH if they give 2 years of SEN status or UA just to top off my MP account on a couple of East coast / NZ trips this year.

-- Dambus
Old Mar 9, 2004, 8:01 am

Dambus, can you post the GE application form anyway. I'm really curious how it looks...
Old Mar 9, 2004, 8:12 am

by the way. This promo was posted to 48.000 FD members selected by Hilton.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 8:47 am

Was it part of this year's card package? Cos Im having it sent over from Holland as we speak.

Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:46 am

Programs: LH FTL, KL Platinum, AB Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt GP Diamond
If the FD members were indeed selected by HILTON they apparantly did not match the database with their own. I have heard of at least 4 people that have their FD number in HH profile with their numbers clearly listed as FD 1*********; clearly PE.
Good for us, the more that cannot benefit from the offer the more quiet will the lounges be. (different topic!!)

------------------
KLM - Platinum
HHonors - GOLD VIP
BA - Silver
LH - FT
Old Mar 10, 2004, 3:11 am

Has anyone received the Gold upgrade yet?

Having flown my way to silver last year (and got another card yesterday) I have mixed feelings about the offer but I have got some transatlantic and internal US flights at the end of the month and it would be good to have by then.
Old Mar 12, 2004, 4:28 am

Programs: FB LTPE, hhonors diamond, hertz 5*, Thalysthecard Platinium, A-club Silver, IHG Platinum
My account was upgraded to Gold when I checked online today.

"To upgrade to Platinum Elite earn 25000 service Miles or fly 20 one-ways before 07-Sep-2004."

That sounds even better than the original offer. Wonder if they are going to make it stick or if this is just a computer glitch
Old Mar 13, 2004, 5:06 pm

Programs: FB-Plat, HHonors Gold
Being a lowly Silver at Hilton I wasn't selected :-(.

------------------
Cheers,

Brenno.
http://wereldverkenning.nl
Old Mar 14, 2004, 2:22 am

Try opening up a new account using code ACAQ or ACAT. It might still work, would give you Gold VIP status AND a heap of bonus points

See the Hilton forum for more info. (or the Air Canada one)

Use your Dutch address for regging.
Old Mar 14, 2004, 2:39 am

I am hh gold vip and have a blue klm account on file, but no hilton referal for me.....
Old Mar 15, 2004, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by voccons:
Dambus, can you post the GE application form anyway. I'm really curious how it looks...</font>
Sorry, I've already posted it on.

It was just a square, gold colored form headed "Gold Elite Application Form" and with space below for the usual personal information. As far as I could tell the return address was just that of the FD Helpdesk.

There was a number in the bottom corner so it's probable the forms each have a unique number.

-- Dambus
Old Mar 23, 2004, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC Flying Blue
Not had my FD gold card yet but my status has been amended on the FD website whe I check my user details

Hilton platinum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.