AmEx FD miles?

Old Feb 10, 2004, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM-FB Gold, PriorityClub Platinum Amb.
AmEx FD miles?

Anybody received AmEx FD miles already? I'm still waiting...
Old Feb 11, 2004, 2:09 am

Programs: LH FTL, KL Platinum, AB Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt GP Diamond
I am even still waiting for my wife to get PE status even though are cards have been activated since December.
One FD agent even told me that my wife would remain SE in the KL system but with her card could get the PE benefits.
Well, that way she would clearly miss out on the PE 125% bonus miles and free domestic upgrades with NW (oh, and the operational upgrades to Europe Select not to be forgotten).

8 phone call to FD Elite Helpdesk and still counting!!

Bastiaan

------------------
KLM - Platinum
HHonors - GOLD VIP
BA - Silver
LH - FT
Old Feb 11, 2004, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bastiaan:
oh, and the operational upgrades to Europe Select not to be forgotten</font>
I would contend that Europe Select is actually best forgotten!

johan

Old Feb 11, 2004, 8:23 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eendracht:
Anybody received AmEx FD miles already? I'm still waiting...</font>
Nothing here either. A somewhat apologetic AmEx agent told me that they were having trouble connecting the systems together (or words to that effect). Given that AmEx already does this kind of thing with a bunch of other airlines I wonder where the bottleneck could be?

She said they were hoping to effect the first mileage transfers with the second round of billing (end of February?).

-- Dambus
Old Feb 12, 2004, 7:29 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Received my 25000 within two weeks of receiving my card...but, and I found this out from Amex, the card should have been overprinted with my FD number, which it wasn't ... anybody the same ?
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:56 am

Programs: LH FTL, KL Platinum, AB Gold, BA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt GP Diamond
Mike,
Are you mixing this up. The 25000 miles went with the non-Netherlands Gold card. The FD Numbers will only be printed on the Dutch KLM-branded cards. Being Dutch living in the UK I have the benefit of having both cards (quite usefull 1 billed in GBP and 1 in Euros).

Bastiaan
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:02 am

Nothing here as well.....let's see when they will credit.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:06 am

Hi Bastiaan.....mine is a plain Amex Gold card , and has no KLM insignia on it, although it was sent to me as part of the KLM/Amex 25000 mile promotion. I was just told by somebody that the FD number should have been printed across the front of it.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:08 am

Hi Bastiaan.....mine is a plain Amex Gold card , and has no KLM insignia on it, although it was sent to me as part of the KLM/Amex 25000 mile promotion. I was just told by somebody that the FD number should have been printed across the front of it.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:59 am

Hi,
The branding and hence intergration of AMEX and FD in 1 card is only available in the Netherlands. If you spoke to FD Helpdesk in NL they have no clue about the non-Dutch AMEX offers like the 25k miles. That's probably the reason why he/she told you that the number should be on there.
Bastiaan

------------------
KLM - Platinum
HHonors - GOLD VIP
BA - Silver
LH - FT
Old Feb 12, 2004, 12:20 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
i am also still waiting, FD desk is a hell!!

Pascal, The Netherlands

------------------
Gold SPG, Silver Marriott,Silver Elite KLM,Hilton Gold
Old Feb 13, 2004, 1:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
Got a letter from Amex France back in October promising 25000 miles. Ordered the card and haven't seen the bonus miles since. Received a promotion several months later saying that I can earn double Member Rewards points when buying KLM tickets. When I went to convert Amex Miles to KLM FD points the other day, KLM wasn't an option. Only Air France. I called customer service and they told me they had no idea KLM was a partner with "Amex France". Only for the Netherlands they told me. Something smells rotten....
Old Feb 17, 2004, 4:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
After they lost my first application (oh joy, another efficient company), received my shiny new card yesterday. The brochure (admittedly for UK) definitely said KLM was one of their partners...
Old Feb 17, 2004, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Jenbel:
After they lost my first application (oh joy, another efficient company), received my shiny new card yesterday. The brochure (admittedly for UK) definitely said KLM was one of their partners...</font>
Yes, they might be a partner for some purposes (including accelerated earning of MR points on purchases of air tickets) but you still cannot (not yet?) redeem MR points for FD miles, even in the UK.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 2:52 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, HHonors Gold
Just a word of warning to all those with 25K worth of FD miles earned by taking advantage of the Amex Gold Card offer - they are only valid till July 31st, 2004. Just spoke to the Amex MR helpdesk - they said they will attach a special code to these miles and they can only be redeemed until Jukly 31st this year. Actually, you have to fly before this date!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.