Award Miles Malaysia Airlines

Old Mar 9, 04, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM FD Gold, LH Sen
Award Miles Malaysia Airlines

I am collecting award miles to try out the Malaysia Airline F class from Europe to Asia. On the KLM site it only gives the miles required in C Class but no F class, how do I find out how many points I need for LHR-KUL MH F Class??

C Class KLM site 150,000 miles return
C Class MAS site 110,000 miles return
F CLass MAS site 140,000 miles return

even for one way up grade

KLM y to C 75000 return
MAS y to c 60000 return

Is the miles between KLM and MAS the same??
Old Mar 9, 04, 7:58 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG LTP, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia
Which miles are you collecting ? I asked could I use KL miles for upgrade on MH and was told I can't do this ??. Bear in mind this was the FD helpdesk.

I have over 60000 MH Enrich miles which is enough for one-way upgrade MAN-KUL v-v. They have offers on at certain times each year where this is reduced to 40000 so might be worth keeping an eye open for these.

Your post confused me initially where it says 75000 & 60000 'return' for one-way upgrades !.
Old Mar 9, 04, 8:16 am
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I don't think KL Flying Dutchman miles awards are good for upgrades on Malaysina, and also not good for award tickets in first on Malaysina (only eco or business - also some Malaysian routings are excluded to earn/spend KLM miles at all (example: ZRH-KUL flights).

[This message has been edited by Rudi (edited Mar 09, 2004).]
Old Mar 9, 04, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Man Flyer....

I am with KLM FD a GE member.

From UK-KUL the one way upgrade from Y to C is 30000 miles. refer to Enrich page on MAS website below. Zone 6 is what you want.

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com.my/e...=ea&mode=mas02

By the way how is being an Enrich member??

Rudi...thanx for info will remember not to do ZRH-KUL in future

cheers guys
Old Mar 9, 04, 10:07 am

FYI - using NW miles the award levels for c and f are the same. When you book a MH award you just ask for f seats and they will deduct the c award miles - strange but true. I'm not sure if it is the same with KL but I would give it a try without asking for clarification.
Old Mar 10, 04, 4:47 am

redondo4 - I enquired about upgrading on MH flight MAN-KUL which is a direct service. FD said I can't use KL miles for upgrade, I presumed it's because KL have no codeshare on this service. I use SQ for most Asia flight from here but if on KL would always try to go on MH metal as they are streets better than KL in Y IMHO.

Enrich is cr*p to be honest, stick with FD and the 100% GE bonus. I joined pre-FT days before I got 'streetwise' so figured I'll get to 60000 and use them to go Y to C on MAN-KUL v-v which I use at least once a year.

They even charge (or did) to join as well !!
Old Mar 10, 04, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Thanx for the info MAN.

Same here I will always try to get the MH flight out of AMS if I can other wise its MH at LHR. By the way what are you playing for tickets from Manchester?
Old Mar 10, 04, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think that you can upgrade on MH metal using FD miles, even when booked under a KL code.
Upgrades using FD miles are on KL, NW and CO metal only.
Old Mar 11, 04, 4:31 am

If you are referring to prices for KL flights, they are same as most of the UK. I think CWL is a little more expensive as I have flown out of there and back to MAN a couple of times (girlfriend from Caerdydd!)and MAN was a little cheaper.

SQ flights from MAN are generally cheaper than LHR for obvious reasons. Never compared MH as I'm usually on IT package holiday to Borneo but would imagine again slightly cheaper than LHR.
Old Mar 16, 04, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
How long does it take for award miles to post from a non codeshare MH flight onto the FD account.
Old Mar 17, 04, 1:29 am
Original Poster

I had a flight LHR-KUL 2nd Feb return 6th Feb and the points were recorded early this month, so I would guess 3-4 weeks. There was once where after six weeks of waiting I sent them a missing miles claim form for a LHR-MEL rtn flight, got the miles a few days later.

When was your flight?
Old Mar 17, 04, 3:19 am

It can take a while to be honest. I flew MAN-KUL-HKG on 29/12/03. The MAN-KUL points were on my FD account a week later but the KUL-HKG took 4-5 weeks. Work that one out !
Old Mar 17, 04, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
My flight was last weekend. So a long wait for me then. Doesnt matter though, as long as i get them.
Old Apr 27, 04, 11:40 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Go figure

I flew MOW-AMS-KUL-AMS-MOW and every segment on KL metal was credited in no time. I'm still waiting for miles I flew on MH (the KUL to AMS segment) to post - and that was on April, 12. Should I call the helpdesk or is it too early?
Old Apr 27, 04, 1:23 pm

You'll need to be more patient if you want to survive in FD

My last AMS-KUL on MH 017 took exactly 1 month to credit.

Search this Thread