Complimentary Silver Elite memberships??

Old Jun 5, 03, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Complimentary Silver Elite memberships??

I received a box from KL today with among other things a pile of Silver Elite memberships for free. Are these any good?
Old Jun 5, 03, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
If you have a wobbly table, yes.
Old Jun 5, 03, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ajamieson:
If you have a wobbly table, yes.</font>
THAT good?

Well, if anyone (long-time FT members only please) wants a free Silver elite membership drop me an email.
Old Jun 6, 03, 2:54 am

YGM
Old Jun 6, 03, 3:53 am

Did they provide any reason as to why they send you these complimentary cards. I would not mind distributing a couple of free card to (Blue) friends and relatives.

Bastiaan
Old Jun 6, 03, 7:10 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:
I received a box from KL today with among other things a pile of Silver Elite memberships for free. Are these any good?</font>
They would be useful for anyone who flies every 2-3 weeks on European shorthauls in Y. It takes ages to earn any kind of status with that flying pattern. A SE card lets you skip check-in queues, gets seats near the front, gives lounge access etc.

My GF could use one of these referrals so YGM!

-- Dambus

Old Jun 6, 03, 11:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ScottC:

Well, if anyone (long-time FT members only please) wants a free Silver elite membership drop me an email.
</font>
YGM

------------------
Old Jun 6, 03, 2:03 pm

If you have any more spare I would appreciate a couple for friends flying with us to LAX (july) and SAN (October). They visualise the lounge at AMS is an oasis of calm, with tables groaning under the weight of free food and fizz! oh and one of them is terrified of mice!
Exraf
Old Jun 6, 03, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Exraf:
If you have any more spare I would appreciate a couple for friends flying with us to LAX (july) and SAN (October). They visualise the lounge at AMS is an oasis of calm, with tables groaning under the weight of free food and fizz! oh and one of them is terrified of mice!
Exraf
</font>
As much as I'd love to I don't think passing out a comp silver for someone just flying once or twice is a good way to use them... Perhaps KLM's BluePlus membership is a better option?
Old Jun 6, 03, 3:37 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - HHonors Diamond - ICH Platinum Roy. Amb. - SPG Gold - Flying Blue Blue - M&M FT
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">They visualise the lounge at AMS is an oasis of calm, with tables groaning under the weight of free food and fizz! oh and one of them is terrified of mice!</font>

No problem about the mice.

What with all the cutbacks etc. and the ever increasing costs at Rentokil, KLM just couldn't afford to get the Pest Control people in so they just closed the offending lounge. Very wise indeed as they obviously did not want to be sued by someone from the US for several trillion dollars just because they saw a mouse.

My guess is that this was also why the internet machines never materialised as these would have also needed a mouse and certain people could easily get confused.

pmcg
Old Jun 6, 03, 3:51 pm

YGM
Old Jun 6, 03, 9:47 pm

Programs: Lots of different coloured cards
YGM...

but im guessing youve already noticed that just thought id add it on the thread aswell

cheerio,

Jetboż
Old Jun 7, 03, 7:57 am

Programs: FB-Plat, HHonors Gold
I received the box as well. It had to do with the business account. I'm now silver, but with their June 1st changes and the atmosphere of descriptions here and their refusal to comp status I feel not very invited to fly KLM.

------------------
Cheers,

Brenno.
http://wereldverkenning.nl
Old Jun 7, 03, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by brenno:
I received the box as well. It had to do with the business account. I'm now silver, but with their June 1st changes and the atmosphere of descriptions here and their refusal to comp status I feel not very invited to fly KLM.

</font>
Inderdaad Brenno, dat was de doos die ik kreeg... Zag je overigens in de Privium magazine van deze maand, gefeliciteerd!

I'll be posting a link to the application forms later today for those that emailed me.

Cheers,

Scott
Old Jun 7, 03, 12:55 pm

Take your point 100% about comping to Silver after 2 trips but ironically after returning from their 2nd W.Coast USA trip in October, with the points they already have as "Blues" they will then have achieved Silver status ...(if the points post of course). Just trying to help them out before they do the long ones. Worth a try.

Exraf

Search this Thread
Search Engine: