Wiki Posts
Search

Using Multiple Airlines on Award

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2004, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Using Multiple Airlines on Award

Has anybody had experience booking awards with multiple airlines.

I would like to do the following: Khartoum to Guam.

Khartoum - NBO - BKK on (Kenya Airways)
BKK - KUL - DPS (MH) - GUM (Continental).

The above involves 3 airlines. Is this possible?
Old Mar 3, 2004, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Yes, have used an AS-MH-KL all on a one-way. no problems.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 7:36 am

What is your secret? I have such difficulty as a P.Exec to even find availability on the KLM or NW flights. I just tried to book holiday travel to CPT for December and all she could say was, "i'm sorry we have no availability for almost any day". Strange that PExec doesn't provide much availability anymore.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 8:28 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TrAAveller:
What is your secret? I have such difficulty as a P.Exec to even find availability on the KLM or NW flights. I just tried to book holiday travel to CPT for December and all she could say was, "i'm sorry we have no availability for almost any day". Strange that PExec doesn't provide much availability anymore.</font>
Excuse me, but it is somehow significant that you don`t even know the name of KLM`s top status, but on the other hand complain about the lack of award availability...

Beside that let me point out why you should have such difficulties getting a seat to CPT.First of all South Africa is really booming right now, especially the CPT area around X-mas.Unfortunately my fellow countrymen are still leading every travel statistic quantity wise, which is bad for the region, cause germans have a tendency to behave like idiots once they have crossed the order, but also good for the aviation industy, cause flights to SA are full and flights are really really full.

In addition to that I guess you look for seats out of DFW or IAH.

IAH is probadly KLM`s best US market, lots of oil business ( Royal Dutch Shell alone should buy a decent number of seats ) and since I fly KLM, I never saw a decent fare to IAH, so I assume the planes are full in C and Y ( adding capacity to/from IAH soon will feed my theory )

I flew to DFW four times in the last 18 months to see Nowitzki driving down the Autobahn and see the Mavs hitting another Mavericks money ball and while LH is constantly dirt cheap to DFW and IAH, I had to burn KL miles for a trip on short notice last year after they beat the Kings to play the Spurs in the WCF.

I spend quite some time trying to find availabilty to DFW, cause availability on NW is limited, especially upfront.Was forced to overnight at MSP and leave a day later and finally was able to secure an award, so it is tough getting awards on NW in F at all, same with KL out of IAH.Award availability on CO is even worse...
Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
The South African Market is pretty tight, but other markets are not. I love flying out of Osaka (KIX) as there is almost always C class availability. Out of Toronto, Canada ia pretty good too!

Capetown suggestion. Try CO to Toronto, KLM to AMS, Kenya Airways to South Africa.

Or

CO to Newark, MH to Dubai, Kenya to South Africa.

Old Mar 5, 2004, 2:16 pm

Have you ordered your award request, yet? I'm interested to know how you make out with your award request since we're planning a trip with multiple airlines: MH, KL and CO.

As you say, KIX is heaven for availability both C and Y, but I've noticed C is getting busier. They are selling group seats in C quite cheaply. I don't seem to be able to score a last minute upgrade even with an S fare ticket these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.