Online Check-in when flying from CPH

Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Online Check-in when flying from CPH

When checking in online for flights from CPH, you will get a message at the very end of the procedure, telling you that " unfortunately boarding passes cannot be printed for these flights via internet check-in ". The result is that you still have to queue at a check-in desk to obtain a boarding card, which negates one of the major benefits of OLCI.

CPH is one of those rare airports with a genuine KLM ticket office, staffed by people in genuine blue KLM uniforms. This office is furthermore conveniently located diagonally opposite the check-in desks used by KLM. I therefore decided to pop in and ask why it is not possible to print a boarding card online when flying from CPH. Nobody could answer my question, but they did tell me that it was not necessary to wait in line at a check-in desk to have a boarding card printed, as these can also be issued by the ticket office, where queues are rare. Good to know.

johan
Old Mar 2, 2004, 3:44 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Thanks for the info.

Good one to know as I use CPH at least once a month.

pmcg
Old Mar 5, 2004, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I e-mailed KLM about the matter, and received the following reply :

"Dear Mr Rebel,

We thank you for your email.

The reason you can't print your boarding card for travel from Copenhagen is due to the regulations of the airport You can check in on Internet but you have to get our boarding pass at check in. You can pick it up at Business class check-in also if you have a economy class ticket for faster service.
Hope to have informed you sufficiently.

With kind regards,

KLM/Northwest Airlines"

Weird! Why whould Kastrup Airport have a problem with online boarding cards?

johan
Old Mar 5, 2004, 6:06 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Its the same at Manchester.

However if you fly SAS from CPH you can check in on the internet OK.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 6:31 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
And what about the sudden KLMc F100 flights that have appeard on the timetable for AMS-CPH !

pmcg

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.