FD account blocked

Old Feb 23, 04, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
FD account blocked

A few days ago I tried to log in on the KLM site. I'm absolutely sure I remember my PIN and still it got rejected three times in a row and my account got blocked for 24 hours.
I figured out the site might be down (they were experiencing some problems as everyone on this board knows) and waited a few days. Now I get the same result. Is anyone else having the same problems or is it just me? And what should I do - wait a few more days and try again or request a new PIN or contact the helpdesk or what?
Old Feb 23, 04, 11:37 pm

This happened to me a few years back, and I found out, by calling KLM in Athens, that FD had changed my membership number (and PIN) without telling me. The reason: I had told a KLM lady at a Schiphol lounge that my new membership card was 8 weeks late, and she initiated the change of the account to ?protect? me. Good move, although somebody should have told me. I later received ...two cards, old number and new one!
Old Feb 23, 04, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Funny thing is the FD card initially took ages to arrive, so I called the FD desk and they sent me another one. Now I have two cards. Note to self: check whether the number is the same.
However my web account worked OK for a year after that
So, do I call the help desk?
Old Feb 24, 04, 2:16 am

I had problems a few weeks ago (when a lot of other people were having problems, and Helpdesk admitted that something was wrong). Then I was still having problems when other people seemed to be getting in OK... so in the end I requested a new PIN.

Contrary to what it still says on the web site, the PIN didn't take weeks to arrive - it didn't even take days to arrive. It arrived, by e-mail, within a couple of minutes. And the new PIN worked.

So - you may want to try that!
Old Feb 24, 04, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Gold, Marriott Lifetime Premier Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">posted by Aviatrix:Contrary to what it still says on the web site, the PIN didn't take weeks to arrive - it didn't even take days to arrive. It arrived, by e-mail, within a couple of minutes. And the new PIN worked.</font>
I was amazed. After having my account totally inaccessible for months, I finally wrote emailed to complain. Helpdesk took three weeks to respond to my email, suggesting I should just request a new PIN. I said "no, thanks" since on previous occasions the PIN took forever to arrive (and sometimes still didn't work). Then I had a moment of weakness and tried the 'new PIN' option and it worked straight away.

So why didn't they just say that in the first place?

Side issue: on getting into my home page, I am able to see that I still have flights to GVA on my account, even though I have never been to Switzerland, and the 12,500 miles deducted in error in June have still not been refunded (despite customer service promises to the contrary). Beginning to think I was better off without my PIN...
Old Feb 24, 04, 9:19 am

Funny that you should mention GVA. I was also credited with flights there early last year but they were removed and the correct flights added. No idea what it was about but they seemed to correct it without a prompt my side.
Old Feb 24, 04, 10:23 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ajamieson:
I am able to see that I still have flights to GVA on my account, even though I have never been to Switzerland</font>
I would appreciate if you could return my missing credits

Also no sign of 2+ months old DC transfer and many misc. points
Old Feb 24, 04, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
I am currently in discussions with my lawyer over something that happened yesterday with KLM FD and will post it all here to allow you guys to make up your own minds.

Basically FD have taken it upon themselves to remove miles from my account for flights taken in 2001 and 2002. They claim I did not take them.

I have been accused of committing fraud and despite providing boarding cards and proof the person who is dealing with this refuses to give me a straight answer or even a contact number to talk to him directly and is obviously on a mission to see how much business I am going to take away from KLM in a short a space of time possible.

I have even offered to visit his office on Friday when I am in Amsterdam but he evades answering this each time I mention it.

Old Feb 24, 04, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, at least FD's fraud investigators work just as quickly as the help desk

Seriously, this is unbelievable! They actually accuse you of fraud? On what basis?

johan
Old Feb 24, 04, 1:04 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Steve Fenton:
I am currently in discussions with my lawyer over something that happened yesterday with KLM FD and will post it all here to allow you guys to make up your own minds.

Basically FD have taken it upon themselves to remove miles from my account for flights taken in 2001 and 2002. They claim I did not take them.

I have been accused of committing fraud and despite providing boarding cards and proof the person who is dealing with this refuses to give me a straight answer or even a contact number to talk to him directly and is obviously on a mission to see how much business I am going to take away from KLM in a short a space of time possible.

I have even offered to visit his office on Friday when I am in Amsterdam but he evades answering this each time I mention it.

</font>
At some point one has to hire a lawyer..., unfortunately this is also the case in my 12 months odyssey trying to get back Euro 80 in taxes for an award cancelled on Feb. 15 2003 !!
Last deadline is Feb. 29, after that I will forward the staff to my lawyer...

I don`t get paid for argueing with KLM over an issue that is clearly their mistake and based on Steve`s brief description it is the same in his case.

I wrote my last letter to KLM 10 days ago after a nice story in a big german paper about companies that stop outsourcing departments.
We are talking about big players like Bayer or Deutsche Telekom, who are doing it mostly because the handling companies could not guarantee the high standard customers were used to dealing with the original company.

Exactly the same case with KLM..
Old Feb 27, 04, 6:13 am

Programs: KLM GE (former RW), ACA*E, BAW Blue, HHonors Gold
Says it all Steve.. here is a prime example from my account:

5 Jan 2003 Award Upgrade to C SAT MEM -20000
5 Jan 2003 Award Upgrade to C SAT MEM -20000

Now these 'awards' were actually PE Comp Upgrades on NWA Metal on internal US Flights, but they won't listen!
Old Feb 27, 04, 10:04 am

But those upgrades cost you 20000 miles each way for an internal flight in the USA? On that basis they already owe you a 20000 miles refund as they overcharged you, regardless of whether they were comp or not. Just out of interest, did you upgrade the trans atlantic connecting flights too?
Old Feb 27, 04, 11:05 am

Programs: KLM GE (former RW), ACA*E, BAW Blue, HHonors Gold
Yes, but I didn't request internal upgrades, we get them complementary as Platinum Elites. Apparantly it's 20k miles for an internal upgrade too in North America.

We did upgrade on the XAtlantics and they were deducted also!

[This message has been edited by cserpent (edited Feb 27, 2004).]
Old Mar 1, 04, 3:36 am
Original Poster

In case anyone is interested, I finally requested a new PIN and it was emailed to me in 5 minutes (and will arrive by snail mail in 2 weeks, I am promised)

Search this Thread