Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Benefits when flying Continental

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2002, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Elite Benefits when flying Continental

Do KLM SW and RW members receive elite benefits (i.e. pre-boarding, 1st class check in) when flying on Continental?

According to KLM's website, SW/RW members are entitled to those privileges. However, after speaking to a CO OnePass agent, I was informed otherwise. Does anybody know what's done in practice? Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 4:27 am
msn

Basically, just do it - if you show the card, they look at it and say, "but it's blue!" and you must discuss the matter for some time. Go ahead and get in the "elite" check in and step right up when they announce One Pass boarding, and have your finger right on the words "Royal Wing".
Old Jul 23, 2002, 7:30 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
I have seen no difference. Flying CO is like flying JAS. No perks. Or has this all changed? I flew last week on CO
Old Jul 23, 2002, 8:08 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by msn:
if you show the card, they look at it and say, "but it's blue!" and you must discuss the matter for some time. </font>

Funny, but my wife's CO Silver Elite card is blue as well. Perhaps it would help to point that out to the CO agent?
Old Jul 23, 2002, 12:57 pm
msn

That, and a little rubber hammer, like in a doctor's office.
Old Feb 21, 2003, 8:39 pm

8 months later -- -- -- --

Do KLM Plat Elites recieve any benefits on Continental Airlines? I have some choices in front of me. Do I fly NWA MIA-SEA on NWA metal and get upgraded or do I fly CO (NWA codeshare) on this route? Price is the same but the CO route takes me via EWR which means more miles.

Dave - Japan.
Old Feb 22, 2003, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only elite benefits you get on CO are access to EWR lounges and, in principle, elite check-in (and increased luggage allowance?).

Personally, I'd fly NW for the upgrades, unless you really need the extra miles.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 6:36 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:

Do KLM Plat Elites recieve any benefits on Continental Airlines?
Dave - Japan.
</font>
Hi Davistev, when flying CO, PE's have the same benefits as when flying NW (at least according to what the FD helpdesk says)

Old Feb 27, 2003, 2:25 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BarryAmsterdam:
Hi Davistev, when flying CO, PE's have the same benefits as when flying NW (at least according to what the FD helpdesk says)

</font>
In July 2002, I got upgraded as a RW from SFO-EWR on a CO-ticketed and -operated flight. I basically told the lady at check-in that I was a KLM RW. She said "is that the same as NW Platinum?" I said "Umm... I guess so?" She called the CO internal support number to confirm, and within three minutes I had an F boarding pass.

Sweet!
Old Feb 27, 2003, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BarryAmsterdam:

</font>
Not my experience. No North American complimentary upgrade on CO (even the brochure confirms that). No access to president's clubs outside EWR. On transatlantic flights, the CO concierge will laugh at your FD PE card as if it were a Tesco clubcard or some such...
Old Feb 27, 2003, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
I believe this is how it worked, was flying on NW ticket and got upgraded BWI-CLE on CO. Also got to use Presidents Club there but think this was because of Amex Platinum card. Bonus miles came through as well. Was this simply an exception?

Otherwise, my Platinum card had only entitled me to exit row seating and extras on in flight peanuts. ;=

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Feb 27, 2003, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I could not get preferential seating with my PE card. Co told me that it was reserved to CO and NW elite.
You will get bonus miles on CO. Indeed, on any flight that accrues miles, whichever the carrier.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 4:51 am

If I am flying out of Japan on Continental Micronesia, can I use the NWA lounge? I am KLM PE?
Old Mar 18, 2003, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes.
Old Jul 31, 2003, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Just flew some CO-operated NW-coded flights. Went to the EWR lounge where the agent put my PE no. into the upgrade list.

Upgrade was done onboard (a waste as it was EWR-CLE).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.