Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2003, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Thanks!

We asked for a miles upgrade back before Xmas for a flight SXM to AMS in September and were waitlisted despite plenty of availability in business class. I rang today and spoke to Laurence at the FD help desk. He confirmed that we were waitlisted but didnt understand what the problem was and completed the upgrade there and then.

I am also missing numerous miles mainly for the on-line booking bonus and have written and written and written. He confirmed that there were a number of outstanding enquiries going on and requests for miles to be credited that just were not being actioned.

What really impressed me was not what he did but the personal and real interest he took in the issues raised. He really seemed to enjoy a challenge. If only there were more like him. Thanks!

------------------
KLM PE, UA Prem Exec, AA Plat, BMI Gold.
Old Jun 5, 2003, 3:21 am

Wow! Does this mean that the online surveys and telephone questionnaires have really worked?

I generally can't complain about the service that I have received from the helpdesk but it does seem rare for the agents to really want to take your problem on their shoulders and solve it for you. Most of the time the first agent you speak to seems to want to delegate the problem to somebody else etc, you were clearly lucky to get through to a good one.

He didn't give you a direct number did he?
Old Jun 5, 2003, 8:36 am

I tried to book an award IAD-AMS for beginning of July. Unfort. all seats were taken. I asked the FD helpdesk person when the first available seat would be and he searched until 2005 and said they were all taken. I asked him how this might be possible and he replied "It is always very busy in America".. Too bad I don't have his direct number either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.