Search

KLM's huge success at the Freddies

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2003, 1:48 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany
Original Poster

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
KLM's huge success at the Freddies

If I just counted right, KLM got 7 top 3 placements in the Freddies categories!

Lesley Lindberg accepted the two Freddies KLM won (1st place of category) for Best Newsletter and Best Bonus Promotion. This one at least is certainly 100% deserved and has to be one of the clearest decissions taken by the voters.

Congrats to KLM! This is a milestone in KLM FD's history IMO as in the years before KLM never ranked on any categories...

I guess we had some influence here with the traffic and the posts on this board here. And certainly KLM got some more attention to its match programm due to flyertalk KLM board...

Keep doing a good job at FD! And keep improving the fields where FD is not yet top of the programs... Please!!!
Old Apr 25, 2003, 1:55 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Congrat to KLM!
Old Apr 25, 2003, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Just to add this link here:

http://www.freddieawards.com/events/?event_key=6

The awards lists are not yet updated at the moment.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Lesley Lindberg - you mean she's a REAL person. Now I am truly surprised.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 3:41 am
Original Poster

There even is a photo on the linked page, but it's too small to see something.

I don't know if I should tell but I know that Threy tries to get together a date with her or some other FD people with a proposed small group of flyertalkers...

[This message has been edited by ralfkrippner (edited 04-25-2003).]
Old Apr 25, 2003, 4:27 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
God if I had known that Ms. Lindberg was going to be there I could have went and took my folder of FD outstanding letters!

pmcg
Old Apr 25, 2003, 4:32 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pmcg:
God if I had known that Ms. Lindberg was going to be there I could have went and took my folder of FD outstanding letters!

pmcg
</font>
Don't forget your nice mice!
Old Apr 25, 2003, 8:46 am

Great result for KLM, which I suspect would have done even better had not Emirates 'pulled a TG' this year...
Old Apr 26, 2003, 12:09 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cris L:
Lesley Lindberg - you mean she's a REAL person. Now I am truly surprised.</font>
Yea, she's a REAL and wonderful lady...met her at the Freddies and she was on the flight out of COS this morning with me, headed back to AMS. Lets just say the KLM Freddies were flying First Class...
Old Apr 26, 2003, 6:57 am
Suspended

Best Newsletter ??

I guess all the new mileage millionairs were voting for KLM in any category that came their way, I understand that KLM got the best promo award, but I don`t think that their newsletter is anything special, neither the old one nor the new one....

Returned from a nice trip to Texas and New Mexico today ( on the blue, white and yellow german airline, though )and will take care of the question catalogue soon....

Old Apr 26, 2003, 8:41 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Best Newsletter ??
I guess all the new mileage millionairs were voting for KLM in any category that came their way, I understand that KLM got the best promo award, but I don`t think that their newsletter is anything special, neither the old one nor the new one....
</font>

But that's the newsletter that tells us about the 50% discount awards that are not available and the free access www.klm.com in the AMS lounges that has never materialised.

Have to agree, the newsletter as as much good as the FD helpdesk.

pmcg
Old Apr 26, 2003, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Threy,

Several airlines no longer have printed newsletters, maybe that's what clinched it.
Old Apr 26, 2003, 8:28 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
OK, I admit it......I voted on 6,437 different IP addresses, because the MILES and MATCH just HAD to win!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 27, 2003, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Which makes nearly 13.000 such votes because I did the same... - Just kidding...

No, really, I think their newsletter is not so bad at all. I get it in several languages and find it quite informative and professional. Compare it to other airlines (especially in europe...)...
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:09 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I see that in this years Freddies FB/AF/KLM did not feature again; a long way from 2003...sigh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.