Has anyone RECEIVED their match points yet?

Old Apr 5, 02, 7:52 am
Joh
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honours Gold, KLM Gold
Has anyone RECEIVED their match points yet?

ralfkrippner (kudos once again!) discovered the points match offer and posted it here December 16. That is almost 5 months back. LOTS of folks have since posted they have completed the required number of segments or earned the specified "service points."

Say a person achieved either one by January 4th - or 4 months back. Shouldn't KLM have posted matching FD points to that person by 4 months later? I might have missed it, but do not recall reading that anyone here had actually received them? If you HAVE got them please post here if you would not mind, advising the time frame it took.

I recall reading a post somewhere that referred to probable points posting 'latter year'? Was that referring to KLM crediting ALL points matches at one point in time? Why I ask is that we will complete the 12,000 SP in early June, and need ideally to access some KLM FD points by early August for some intra-South American reward flights.

Old Apr 5, 02, 10:19 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Joh:
ralfkrippner
(Why I ask is that we will complete the 12,000 SP in early June, and need ideally to access some KLM FD points by early August for some intra-South American reward flights.
</font>
joh, you are right, not enough kudos around to praise ralf , who found this treasure by digging deep into the swiss(!) KLM homepage.

however, the registration ended febr. 15 and as i feel sure that noone will be rewarded before the whole promotion is over, i doubt that any of us will get the comp points before aug.15th plus some time for handling the transactions .
anyway, some hundred k points is worthwhile waiting, don't you agree?
Old Apr 5, 02, 10:28 am
Joh
Original Poster

Sunseeker - I might be very wrong, but I do recall it was the Belgium KLM homepage Ralf sleuthed this promo on?! To this day that seems the ONLY KLM site that has the promise of the match.

I fail to see why if someone registered in December, flew the 12,000 in Jan, why FD can't process the match in a few weeks after that? I understand they in FD Help Desk are pretty s-l-o-w about all things, but gee whizz - 7 MONTHS? Even Aero Mexico works faster than that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by Joh (edited 04-05-2002).]
Old Apr 5, 02, 10:31 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
thanx a lot; purely random luck...

If you continue, KLM will put me on their black list if they did not already...

And imagine what all those FT's will do if KLM will not credit the miles... But I'm shure they will - imagine the uproar if they don't...
Old Apr 5, 02, 10:39 am
Joh
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">imagine what all those FT's will do if KLM will not credit the miles...</font>
Ralf - we know where you live, where you eat dinner, what kind of car you drive, what brand of socks you wear, the name of your Goldfish, what kind of beer you drink, and what time you get home from work. You are not safe anywhere in the EEC or indded anywhere in the first world. We will track you down and make you fly Tarom Romanian and/or Northwest for life if this one floperoos.
Old Apr 5, 02, 10:44 am
Joh
Original Poster

And if if DOES work, KLM will send you a 30 day account for 452,794,654.07 Euros to cover the kerzillion points this will have costs them to FT'ers and their friends they had no intention of attracting.
Old Apr 5, 02, 11:33 am
Suspended

My recent experience with KLM mass-posting promo points was in summer of 2001, where they had to post 72000 points on many accounts in Germany.

Worked out very good, but actually all german members, that I knew, got the points within one week; but well after the promo ended.

As mentioned earlier, I don`t expect the last qualifying periods to end before late August and I don`t expect a single point on any account before late September....

I guess it is better, not to plan any trips with points before that period....

Search this Thread