Double Points (Selected Destination)

Old Mar 19, 02, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Double Points (Selected Destination)

From a mailing I received today :

March 1 - April 30. Double points "if you fly with us from Amsterdam" to Budapest, Prague, Vienna, Istanbul, Bucharest and Warsaw.

May 1 - June 30. Double points "on KLM flights from Amsterdam" to Lisbon, Milan, Athens, Madrid, Paris, Brussels, Geneva, Zürich and Prague.

As usual the mailing arrived well before the start of the promotions!

Also as usual, the wording is somewhat ambiguous. I think it is safe to assume that double points will be awarded on flights both to and from Amsterdam.

The mailing is in Swedish, from which I infer that it is a targeted promotion for members in Sweden only. I've not been able to find it on the website.

johan
Old Mar 20, 02, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I can see why johan rebel and presumably kempis get ex-Sweden/Scandinavia offers, but why do I?

OK, I know that I won't get any UK offers (right, Mike?), but what's the point of sending me Swedish offers?!

I did e-mail them to ask why, but of course have had no response.
Old Mar 20, 02, 5:03 pm

I have just flown MAN-AMS-PRG-AMS-MAN. Should I be hoping to get double points (in C)on AMS-PRG.

Also are these double Service Points? (I am doing some comp runs).

By the way, 3 out of my 4 KLM uk Flights have had "Technical" Problems which either delayed or presumably cancelled. I say "presumably" as the RW Schipol Lounge attendent was disgusted at the reply he got to his question to his KLMuk colleagues (don't know the problem or when it will be fixed), that he advised passengers to see if they could exchange tickets for seats on board the BA flight that was due to leave (about9.15pm). We did and flew BA

Search this Thread