Is there a confirmation for the mileage match offer?

Old Mar 10, 02, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: statusless these days
Is there a confirmation for the mileage match offer?

I got comped to Royal Wings applying under the match offer. There's nothing in the welcome letter stating anything about the mileage match. Does one assume that if one applied using the "transfer" form, the mileage balance in the competitor's account will be matched?
Old Mar 10, 02, 7:52 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
yes - and KLM confirmed to me (in writing), that they will match my UA mileage balance if I make 12'000 points by may-16-2002.
Old Mar 11, 02, 4:48 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rudi:
Yes - and KLM confirmed to me (in writing), that they will match my UA mileage balance if I make 12'000 points by may-16-2002</font>
I am reluctant to raise this as in the KL Forum some to quickly cry 'Wolf!'. That again causes confusion and leads to misinterpretations about an already highly complicated FD programme.

However the note of Rudi made me read again the letter I received from KLM. I received a pre-printed confirmation letter from Lesley McDermott, Director of Loyalty Management. In the letter there is a summary of the RW benefits and nothing about matching my mileage balance. Let me quote McDermott : &lt;You can now start earning points to add to your Service Balance. If you collect 12,000 service points or make 20 flights with KLM or our partner airlines before 03/07/2002, you can enjoy the Royal wing service for a whole year.&gt;

I appreciate Rudi that you share with us the exact KLM phrasing that they will match your UA mileage balance if you make 12,000 points.

Search this Thread