KLM FD points earned on CO - what zones?

Old Jan 12, 02, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat
KLM FD points earned on CO - what zones?

hi,

for those of you (milestex?) who've flown CO for the KLM points transfer offer - how are points earned on FD for CO flights? the FD booklet zone list doesn't show many sectors CO flies, such as BRU-EWR. the FD helpdesk told me that's the same as the equivalent NW flight (AMS-JFK), i.e. zone Q.

also, US domestic CO flights are the same as domestic NW, zone E.

is this true?

-rishab
Old Jan 12, 02, 8:47 am

Location: AA-Plat 7 Mil, UA-Plat 2 Mil, BA - Silv., KLM/AF- Plat, Bonvoy-Plat.
I only have experience flying CO in First and Business over the pond. Domestic First earns you 1800 pts. and a transatlantic flight gets you 4500 pts. One trip to Europe and all those miles were mine
Old Jan 12, 02, 8:47 am
Suspended

Very difficult situation right now, Coach will give you 450 points on both carriers, at least when you are registered as a member of Europe 1.
Right now it seems, that F on NW will give you 900 points ( I can confirm this ).
Miletex mentioned in a post, that he got 1800 points for F on CO......

Old Jan 12, 02, 8:52 am
Suspended

It is really confusing
CO points for F/BF:
Double points for international flights.
Quadruple points for domestic flights.

Strange, but true !!
Old Jan 12, 02, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB plat
miletex, you didn't say where your residency is registered with FD and what sector you flew business across the pond. but 4500 points matches a business 1-way in zone R for all residence zones. zone R is ams-chicago/atlanta/memphis/washington, so if guess you flew something similar on CO then this seems to match what they'd compute for a KL/NW flight.

1800 for US domestic F also looks OK - it's supposed to be zone E on NW, and 1800 points for F on that zone for all residence areas.

threy, since you're europe 1, F on NW domestic should be 1800 points (unless you upgraded from C, maybe? C is 900 pts). the klm brochure clearly states NW domestic is zone E and the points tables show 1800 pts for an F fare.

of course, dutch residents do get only 900 points for the same fare.

-rishab
Old Jan 12, 02, 12:54 pm
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
The brochure also says that you earn only the C points flying F if the aircraft is only in 2 class configuration.

So zone e is 450 points in Y
it is 900 points in C or in F if 2-class-config
and it is 1800 points in F in 3-class-config.
Old Jan 13, 02, 3:40 am
Suspended

KLM should doublecheck their brochure in a hurry, right now alot of people are just p off, because KL is publishing uncorrect information.

OK, some of you would argue, at least we get some information.

The only airline in the KL network with a 3 class configuration seems to be Malaysia, I am not aware of any domestic flights Malaysia operates in the US, perhaps they are planning LAX-NY or something like this.....

Right now, it is impossible to get 1800 points for flying F in a 3 class aircraft, simple because their is no CO or NW ar AS plane, with has one.

But Miletex got 1800 points, so it seems that KL is smarter than we are, or at least much smarter in comparison to me....

Old Jan 13, 02, 4:09 pm

My residency is in Poland so not sure where that falls in the FD scheme. Anyone out there been awarded the matching points yet? I've met all the qualification so now its time to show me the miles (points)
Old Jan 15, 02, 4:31 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileTex:
My residency is in Poland so not sure where that falls in the FD scheme</font>
The FD programme distinguishes 7 areas of residency : Africa, Europe-1, Europe-2, Europe-3, Middle-East & India, Latin America and The Netherlands. Poland is in Europe-3.

The flight Warszawa Amsterdam is in Zone F. A Polish resident will get 600 service points in Y and 1,200 in C.
Old Jan 15, 02, 6:31 pm

Thanks for clueing me into where I stand on KLMs totem pole

Search this Thread