Today in CPH, 5 am

Old Sep 27, 06, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
Today in CPH, 5 am

After a quite short night in CPH area, I took a BP in an automatic machine, passed through the crowds at security, went right to the gate indicated on my BP, and saw... the desert ; no pax, no FA, screens shut down... It was definitly smelling the mess... I went to next screen to realise that my flight to AMS, forecasted at 6:05 had been updated at ... 2pm !!!

And there was a mention : "wait info"... Good comment : information office closed, transfer desk closed... In the meantime that I was wandering around, lounge opened, but the LA had no info...

By 6:10, novia transfer desk opened, and I was eventually rerouted in the flight of 9:30, and that I had to move an appointment...

I have two concerns : the lack of information, and the repetition of tech incidents on KLM fleet : just in 2006, I have experienced a breakdown in oxygen network (2 hours delay), a computer out of service (2 hours), a last minute necessity of changing tyres (!) (2 hours, eventually reduced to one which made that I missed the flight ) and at least three others of an uncommunicated cause... Should we have concerns about safety, or was I just unlucky ?...

And for the information, I can't understant why a warning message was not entered in the check in machines ; I know that I should have been alerted by the queues at check it counters, but I just thought that it could delay the flight... No really very waked up...
Old Sep 28, 06, 2:33 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
i was at CPH this afternoon and the flight was scheduled for 16:00 i think... is it a way for them to avoid EU compensations due to cancellation?
Old Sep 30, 06, 4:54 am

Programs: Lufthansa Senator, Hilton Diamond VIP, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ranskis
i was at CPH this afternoon and the flight was scheduled for 16:00 i think... is it a way for them to avoid EU compensations due to cancellation?
Maybe. There is a loophole in the EU regulations as there is no compensation for delay, only for cancellation or re-routing. BUT... after 5 hours I believe you are entitled to a re-routing.

Second point is probably that this bird has to return to AMS at some point anyways. Might as well be doing that with pax. I am sure there is 737 technicians in abundance at CPH so that most problems can be fixed -- but maybe they were waiting for a part to come in from AMS.
Old Oct 2, 06, 5:07 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
the Euro KLM fleet is pretty old and worn now

Search this Thread
Search Engine: