Wiki Posts
Search

What type of plane, AMS>ACC ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2006, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB PE, BA Au
What type of plane, AMS>ACC ?

After nearly a year of Skyteam and AF, it's time to get back on KLM.

Could someone tell me what type of plane KL fly to ACC?
Also what is the best seat to go for in C on that route?

Or should I give up and go BA via LHR?

thanks in advance
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:27 am

Programs: FB Plat, SPG Plat, Meridien Moments Gold
It varies. I've been on 767s, 777s and md11s to ACC. However, currently they seem to be using the md11 mostly. There is an excellent thread on seating preferences of FT members on KL's longhaul aircraft:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=489956

Kind regards,
Maurits
Old Mar 21, 2006, 10:35 am

Also, I personally prefer the md11 because it has the best WBC cabin in the fleet (IMO). BA uses the 767 on the LHR-ACC route. Seat map:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...b/public/en_nl
Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Many thanks, Maurits.

it's an md11 both ways and I bagged seats in rows 1&2 as per advice.
Unfortunately it seems that they will only be using 777s after 13 April and it seems that nobody likes them!
Old Mar 28, 2006, 4:03 pm

Programs: KLM, Jet Airways, Alitalia, British Airways
God bless the MD 11

The MD 11 that KLM uses on the AMS - ACC - AMS route is a beautiful aircraft. Have flown that leg at least once every three months for the last two years now. Great crew on board and very attentive service too. You should not be having any complaints on this flight - except maybe delayed baggage in ACC (happens once in a while).

I particularly prefer this route because i have been upgarded to bus from eco on at least one out of every three legs flown - even when i was silver.

Also, another quirk for this route - in case of an overbooking in eco and seat availability in business class - they sometimes convert rows 4-7 into eco class. Which means that while the meal options are eco class meals, you still get that very comfy WBC seat to sleep in - which is great on the night leg from ACC to AMS but not so useful on the AMS - ACC flight.

A word of advice - please do have someone to meet you at ACC airport and in case you plan to take a taxi, ensure that you firm up the rates well in advance.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 4:12 pm

You're most welcome. Indeed, most FTers don't consider the 777 a very nice aircraft, that includes me.

Have a nice trip!
Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I need to go to ACC soon. In general, are prices better on KL versus AF for ACC? I'm not sure if I'll do Y or C.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I need to go to ACC soon. In general, are prices better on KL versus AF for ACC? I'm not sure if I'll do Y or C.
I may be wrong, but I don't think that AF serves ACC. At least, I've never seen an AF aircraft there, and most flights to Europe leave around the same time. I find KL reasonably priced although AZ through MXP can be cheaper at times (at least if you're going to fly Skyteam).

Kind regards,
Maurits
Old Apr 13, 2006, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stimpy
I think Maurits is right, AF don't fly to Accra.

KL prices are pretty good compared to BA; Offering C at £1650 plus taxes ex UK, if you spend saturday night there. Up to £2430 max.
BA seems to be 3K plus.

It's way cheaper if you book in Ghana ($2500)
Bad news seems to be that they will be offering only the 777 after this week.

btw, you were absolutely right about the MD11, Maurits. What a shame they're pulling it off the route, although the catering ACC-AMS could have been improved.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:24 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by HormazdDastur
The MD 11 that KLM uses on the AMS - ACC - AMS route is a beautiful aircraft. Have flown that leg at least once every three months for the last two years now. Great crew on board and very attentive service too. You should not be having any complaints on this flight - except maybe delayed baggage in ACC (happens once in a while).

I particularly prefer this route because i have been upgarded to bus from eco on at least one out of every three legs flown - even when i was silver.

Also, another quirk for this route - in case of an overbooking in eco and seat availability in business class - they sometimes convert rows 4-7 into eco class. Which means that while the meal options are eco class meals, you still get that very comfy WBC seat to sleep in - which is great on the night leg from ACC to AMS but not so useful on the AMS - ACC flight.

A word of advice - please do have someone to meet you at ACC airport and in case you plan to take a taxi, ensure that you firm up the rates well in advance.
is the IFE WBC to on rows 4-7 or eco

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.