Search

KL2998 / WA1746 annoyance

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2006, 3:02 am
tlr
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Dark Grey, LH SEN
KL2998 / WA1746 annoyance

The afternoon Cityhopper from Luxembourg to Amsterdam is KL 1746 on week-days. On sundays, however, it's KL 2998, and boarding passes get printed for WA 1746 (a Cityhopper flight number; see also the KLM timetable, page 60, for some more details). As a result, mileage won't post automatically, and also can't be retro-claimed online.

While this is a minor annoyance, it's a systematic one (and one that very much looks like it's a minor typo made years ago). Maybe someone here with contacts deep beneath the polderbaan can get this sorted out?

Last edited by tlr; Mar 12, 2006 at 3:03 am Reason: grammar & speling
Old Mar 12, 2006, 4:16 am

Have you tried to take this up with KLM Customer Service?
Old Mar 12, 2006, 4:44 am
tlr
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Dark Grey, LH SEN
Originally Posted by Aviatrix
Have you tried to take this up with KLM Customer Service?
I've tried to take it up with Flying Blue, who fell into their mechanical "please fax us your original boarding passes" mode.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by tlr
I've tried to take it up with Flying Blue, who fell into their mechanical "please fax us your original boarding passes" mode.
Flying Blue is a separate organisation and deals with the frequent flyer programme and nothing else.

This problem seems to be a KLM problem (i.e., incorrect flight numbers in their system), it needs to be taken up with KLM, not with Flying Blue.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 5:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by tlr
KL 2998, and boarding passes get printed for WA 1746 (a Cityhopper flight number; see also the KLM timetable, page 60, for some more details). As a result, mileage won't post automatically, and also can't be retro-claimed online.
I remember a similar thing on the LHR-RTM (Rotterdam) route some time ago. As far as I remember the mileage posted correctly then, but maybe this was just before the FD to FB switch. I suppose your FB number was in the booking?
Old Mar 12, 2006, 8:36 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Hmm, I also remember there were a couple of flights with the UK code, the HN code and the XT code at different times.

Is there some rule that they need to have at least one regular flight with a code in order to keep it?
Old Mar 12, 2006, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by tlr
...While this is a minor annoyance, it's a systematic one...
Speaking of systematic annoyances, have they fixed posting the impossible number of 500 miles for <750-mile feeder flights into AMS on translatlantic itins with NW yet?
Old Mar 13, 2006, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by NilsHolgerson
Speaking of systematic annoyances, have they fixed posting the impossible number of 500 miles for <750-mile feeder flights into AMS on translatlantic itins with NW yet?
Only if it is ticketed as KL will you receive the min 750 miles. If it is ticketed NW you will receive their min 500 miles
Old Mar 13, 2006, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by farci
Only if it is ticketed as KL will you receive the min 750 miles. If it is ticketed NW you will receive their min 500 miles
Right; I have the same experience. But are you telling me this is _the rule_? Where is that stated? ("On most tickets for international flights, we offer you a minimum of 750 Award and Level Miles.")

I believe others have reported one can claim the missing 250 miles with FB Canada in a breeze. (I'm talking intra-European feeder flights into AMS, ticketed as NW on NW stock).

To not drift away from the OP, this thread is now dealing with the same thing.

Last edited by NilsHolgerson; Mar 14, 2006 at 10:17 am Reason: separate thread available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.