Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

25% Miles Earning Info Shown On KLM When Booking - But Not At The Right Time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M

Just tried a booking and seen the following message in the Class section after selecting the flights.

For tickets bought in N and V classes, Flying Blue members will earn 25% of the minimum mileage or distance flown.

Only problem was I had selected the higher class of fare, if I go back and select the lower reduced earning fare then the 25% message disappears on the next page for Class.

Anyone else care to check in case I have had too much vino?
Old Jul 21, 2005, 4:00 am

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by pmcg
Just tried a booking and seen the following message in the Class section after selecting the flights.

For tickets bought in N and V classes, Flying Blue members will earn 25% of the minimum mileage or distance flown.

Only problem was I had selected the higher class of fare, if I go back and select the lower reduced earning fare then the 25% message disappears on the next page for Class.

Anyone else care to check in case I have had too much vino?
The problem as I see it is that it only says "For tickets bought in N and V classes" It doesn't precisely state that the ticket in question will be in N or V. I think the message they give is far too vague.

But, I'd also like to know where you find these? I find them when you get the pricing and there is a linked "Economy" or similar. What also bothers me is that sometimes you get "Conditions apply" but the link to conditions have disappeared.

Emma
Old Jul 21, 2005, 9:01 am

Please don't be angry even though I repeat myself.

"Book" flights trough Multiple destinations options.

Example:
Flight 1
LHR VIE
Press "Show available flight" -link
Choose LHR 14.50-17.10 AMS 20.00 - 21.34 VIE
Press "Select flight" link

Flight 2
VIE LHR
Press "Show available flight" -link
Choose VIE 16.15 - 18.15 AMS 19.05 - 19.25 LHR
Press "Select flight" link
Press "Finish and view price" link

Press "Show fare conditions" (situated t the bottom just above "Back"-link).

You will get a pop-up showing the fare code and fare conditions. This time:

From London - UK (Heathrow Airport) to Vienna (Schwechat)
ADVANCE RES/TICKETING
FOR T- TYPE FARES RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. WHEN RESERVATIONS ARE MADE AT LEAST 10 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 7 DAYS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE. OR - RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. WHEN RESERVATIONS ARE MADE AT LEAST 4 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 3 DAYS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE. OR - RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 2 DAYS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE.

MINIMUM STAY
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED TRAVEL FROM LAST FARE BREAK OUTSIDE COUNTRY OF FARE ORIGIN MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 1201AM ON THE FIRST SUN AFTER ARRIVAL AT THE FIRST FARE BREAK OUTSIDE COUNTRY OF FARE ORIGIN OR - TRAVEL FROM LAST FARE BREAK OUTSIDE COUNTRY OF FARE ORIGIN MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 2 DAYS AFTER ARRIVAL AT THE FIRST FARE BREAK OUTSIDE COUNTRY OF FARE ORIGIN.

MAXIMUM STAY
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

PENALTIES
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED. CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED. CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED. CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED. CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED. CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED.

From Vienna (Schwechat) to London - UK (Heathrow Airport)

ADVANCE RES/TICKETING
FOR N- TYPE FARES RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. WHEN RESERVATIONS ARE MADE AT LEAST 10 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 7 DAYS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE. OR - RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. WHEN RESERVATIONS ARE MADE AT LEAST 4 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 3 DAYS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE. OR - RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL SECTORS. TICKETING MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 2 DAYS AFTER RESERVATIONS ARE MADE.

MINIMUM STAY
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED TRAVEL FROM LAST FARE BREAK OUTSIDE COUNTRY OF FARE ORIGIN MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 1201AM ON THE FIRST SUN AFTER ARRIVAL AT THE FIRST FARE BREAK OUTSIDE COUNTRY OF FARE ORIGIN OR - TRAVEL FROM LAST FARE BREAK OUTSIDE COUNTRY OF FARE ORIGIN MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 2 DAYS AFTER ARRIVAL AT THE FIRST FARE BREAK OUTSIDE COUNTRY OF FARE ORIGIN.

MAXIMUM STAY
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED TRAVEL FROM LAST STOPOVER MUST COMMENCE NO LATER THAN 12 MONTHS AFTER DEPARTURE FROM FARE ORIGIN.

PENALTIES
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED. CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED. CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED. CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED. CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED. CANCELLATIONS TICKET IS NON-REFUNDABLE. CHANGES ANY TIME CHANGES NOT PERMITTED.

I admit that this is not the ideal way because you can't see the normal colour codes used with normal return bookings. You will only see three colours and you can't predict which is the least expensive fare. However, you may first do a "normal" search to find out te least expensive fares and just before booking check the fare code the "Multiple destinations way"
Old Jul 21, 2005, 9:28 am

Programs: FB, EB, Delta, AC, PC, HH.
Originally Posted by nordic

You can repeat this plenty of times. Eventually it'll sink in to my thick head ;-)
Old Jul 21, 2005, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by nordic

There is certainly no need to do this when using the UK site.

The Fare Conditions link is there at the Payment page.

Point I was making is that if I book an N or V fare I get no note in the Class section saying that it is reduced to 25% earning.

On the other hand if I book I higher 100% earning class then the note is there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.