FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Star status match offer back for UK fliers! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/422096-star-status-match-offer-back-uk-fliers.html)

Jenbel Apr 15, 2005 6:12 am

Star status match offer back for UK fliers!

Another chance to get Star Alliance Gold or Silver status - without even flying

Dear Jenbel

Last year, we offered to match the Gold or Silver (or equivalent) status you currently have with another airline or airline alliance. All you needed to do was register with the Star Alliance™ Status Match promotion.

Well, we've improved and eased our registration, and now we'd like to invite you to apply once more. And give you a special bonus besides.

A unique offer - up to 10,000 Star Alliance Bonus Status and Award Miles* (that count towards awards and your tier status).

Fly with us once between 15/4/05 and 30/6/05, and you'll get 5,000 Bonus Miles.
Fly again in this period and we'll give you another 5,000.

So, just one round trip could earn you 10,000 Bonus Miles. Even better, you can count these Bonus Miles towards your tier status - no other airline alliance offers this. (Unfortunately, flights on Singapore Airlines do not qualify for this promotion.)

Special treatment whenever you travel.

Even if you're travelling from a small airport you'll likely wait for your flight in style. There are 620 lounges around the world for Star Alliance Gold members.
Our priority check-in and boarding saves you time and hassle. And priority airport standby means you have the best chance of getting on the first available flight when your travel plans change at the last minute.
You can earn and redeem points or miles with all 16 member airlines, so it's even easier to keep or reach Star Alliance Gold status in your chosen frequent flyer programme.
And no matter what your status, with 16 airlines flying to 795 airports in 139 countries, chances are we can take you from A to B, and anywhere you stop along the way.

It's simple and easy for you to apply.

To apply, simply click here. You can call us on 0800 546 547 if you have any problems. We look forward to welcoming you on a flight soon.

Yours sincerely,

Louise McKenven
VP Loyalty and Marketing
Star Alliance

Register for your Status Match here

*Some fares do not apply for Star Alliance Bonus Status and Award Miles. Please refer to the terms and conditions for details.

alanw Apr 15, 2005 9:59 am

Quite timely, I say. :)

Note that the offer is targeted, but someone in MilesBuzz has a generic link.

Tomco Apr 15, 2005 11:37 am

Thanks Jenbel

As I am one flight away from retaining Plat this year and have already booked enough with Skyteam to take me over the 100,000 mark, this is handy.

(Thats what I think of your 50% C class bonus KLM) Smiley winky thing.

Tom

Basz Apr 16, 2005 2:59 am

I got my Star Alliance Gold Card last year by enrolling on a friends address in the UK. Apparently, it was no problem the address on my FD statement was Amsterdam.

onlysuites Apr 18, 2005 1:45 am

This was such a blessing. I got status matched last year to TG Gold. Haven't flown on KLM for the last 4-5 months and don't think i will buy a ticket on KLM in the near future. Such a Pity though, I was such a big KLM fan. Don't think i flew any other airline in a two year period.

This merger with AF was the worst thing to happen to it.

Kris Rao Apr 18, 2005 6:34 am

I got offered this on Friday and was accepted for the Status Match Programme this morning. Everything was quick and professional.

Does anyone know whether they still offer 4 one class upgrade certificates?

Jenbel Apr 18, 2005 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Kris Rao
I got offered this on Friday and was accepted for the Status Match Programme this morning. Everything was quick and professional.

Does anyone know whether they still offer 4 one class upgrade certificates?

the thinking on the BA board is no. But can't remember why :o

NickB Apr 18, 2005 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jenbel
the thinking on the BA board is no. But can't remember why :o

Might have something to do with the fact that the offer simply mentions 10K bonus status miles but no upgrades? ;)

onlysuites Apr 18, 2005 11:33 pm

Got a email this morning offering me 10,000 status and award miles if i make a return journey before the end of june. Not bad at all.

So looks like this offer is for people who got status matched last year too.

Jenbel Apr 19, 2005 3:41 am

See I'm finding this quite annoying - I got the match last year, to LH SEN, which means I'm ineligible this year - so they send me details of the status match, but I haven't been offered the 10k bonus :mad:

larsll Apr 19, 2005 5:05 am

Originally Posted by Jenbel
See I'm finding this quite annoying - I got the match last year, to LH SEN, which means I'm ineligible this year - so they send me details of the status match, but I haven't been offered the 10k bonus :mad:

Hmm, Jenbel, I got the 10K-for-lastyear's-matched offer yesterday. Might be that it takes a little while before the mail dump reaches you...

onlysuites Apr 20, 2005 12:36 am

Otherwise let me see if i can dig up the link to enrol for this. Let me know if you need me to try.

Papa Hotel Apr 20, 2005 3:01 am

I have a LH M&M card that I use for the approx 20k miles I fly on *A each year. Now if I want to use the UK status match offer, what's the best thing to do? I currently have a Dutch address, though I would be able to change that to a UK one. What's your advise?

NickB Apr 20, 2005 4:00 am

This is a targeted offer to those who applied last year. Don't think that you can apply if you were not targeted.

Kris Rao Apr 20, 2005 6:08 am

Originally Posted by NickB
This is a targeted offer to those who applied last year. Don't think that you can apply if you were not targeted.

Yes it is targeted. You'll need to click a link on the email they send to register for the offer. There is no other way I think.