Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star status match offer back for UK fliers!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:12 am

Us less fortunate ones (who have not received this offer)

Originally Posted by lallyr
Otherwise let me see if i can dig up the link to enrol for this. Let me know if you need me to try.

If there is any way you, or someone else, can figure out how I could come on board this offer, I will appreciate that very much!! A couple of people had posted messages claiming that there was some way to 'clean' your link of your details after you had used it, allowing someone else (MMEEE, perhaps) to use it as well. If you, or anyone else knows of such a way PLEASE do help us less fortune ones in on this wonderful deal.

Best,

DJZC
Old Apr 20, 2005, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
We did manage to generate a generic link - but unfortunately they closed that route down
Old Apr 20, 2005, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
For any Irish fliers out there, BD is looking to comp status

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-ie/freq...cardmatch.aspx

There's some debate on the BA board (in the status match thread) about whether others outside of Ireland need apply.. BD only accept membership applications from a limited range of countries (UK, Eire, France, Netherlands, Belgium (I think) and Spain).. and we know they will comp BA...but it's there as an option for Irish based fliers...
Old Apr 24, 2005, 1:55 am

Programs: EBG, BA silver, FB silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Does anyone know if this works the other way around? Will KLM match my *A Gold status? Currently only FD Blue.

/d
Old Apr 24, 2005, 2:59 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
hahahahahahaha suicide jockey on board
Old Apr 24, 2005, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Steve, be nice! He's new!

Dogsknob, I think you'll find that with the demise of the FD program and the introduction of Flying Poo, Gold status will soon be available to anyone with a pulse and the desire to earn very few miles. Just wait.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:54 am

Programs: EBG, BA silver, FB silver, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Yep, new to this board as you can tell.

So how do I get gold status then? I fly LHR-AMS once every two weeks or so, and it would be convenient if I could get lounge access.

/d
Old May 1, 2005, 9:49 pm

Has anyone seen this year's status match accepted yet? Or earned the bonus miles?

I attempted to set a match up with AC, used that new FF account for my first *A flight last week, and have the base points already showing up within 48 hours of the flight, but my status is still showing as 'aeroplan' (i.e. no status at all) and no bonus miles have posted yet.

Hopefully it's all still in the works?
Old May 2, 2005, 6:03 am

Dave,

It takes around 4-6 weeks for the comp to show up. Meanwhile you could get a fax or take a print out of the confirmation email for lounge and other benefits.
Old May 4, 2005, 9:29 pm

The latest update;

Dear Mr. kiwibigdave

Airline: Air Canada

Thank you for registering with Star Alliance as part of our Status Match promotion. We have received your proof of status in another, non-Star Alliance airline frequent flyer programme.

It is with great pleasure that I can confirm your application to become a Gold customer with Air Canada has been approved. The airline will be contacting you shortly, within six to eight weeks, with your new Star Alliance status details. However, there is no need to wait before enjoying your new status benefits as the airline will be advised that your application to Status Match has been approved without delay. Please print and retain this e-mail as proof of your new Star Alliance status and we hope to see you onboard soon.

If you have any further questions relating to this promotion, please don’t hesitate to contact us by 30 June.

Kind regards, for Star Alliance

I received the invitation email on April 15, opened the AC account April 19, and faxed confirmation of my KLM status to the Star Alliance on April 22. I received the above confirmation email on May 5.
Old May 17, 2005, 8:30 am

Programs: FB PE, BA Au
I have just received the following email from bmi Diamond Club

Dear Halfdan
Your account has now been upgraded to gold status, you should receive your new card and pack in the next 7 days.
regards bmi

As I have already qualified for PE for 2006 and have to do another 40 flights to make a dent in the 2007 target, I jumped ship after 10 years of almost exclusive KL/UK/MH/9W loyalty, this morning I took my first flight for many years with*A: (SK, ABZ>CPH) rather than KL, ABZ>AMS>CPH.

Nice little plane, wonderful FA, nice breakfast, level, bonus & award miles, on time arrival, no polderbaan, no walking/running for connection, no Schengen gate queue, no body search, saved money as well.
Why didn’t I do this before?

Because I used to think they were great; I got some great trips /upgrades from the generous award miles, easy connections in AMS, superb service from the ground staff in DEL, the occasional little blue house, UK domestic to STN, the RW lounge in D after a long haul, frequent op ups, excellent service with cancellations / re-routings, the list goes on and on.

If this ever comes back, so will I
Old May 18, 2005, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by halfdan
Because I used to think they were great; I got some great trips /upgrades from the generous award miles, easy connections in AMS, superb service from the ground staff in DEL, the occasional little blue house, UK domestic to STN, the RW lounge in D after a long haul, frequent op ups, excellent service with cancellations / re-routings, the list goes on and on.

If this ever comes back, so will I
I think most of us would come back. But i really don't think that it will.

p.s Agree with you about the great service from the DEL groundstaff. Will miss that for sure. Thats something that *A airlines haven't been able to compare to yet for me.
Old May 18, 2005, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
I have to say I have had great service on the ground from *A. A lot of upgrades and extra special service for being gold.

Its nice little touchs that have been erased from FD that make the programme miles off the mark compared to most others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.