FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   [B]No longer mileage points for certain class flown[B] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/418449-b-no-longer-mileage-points-certain-class-flown-b.html)

Carmentesoro Apr 5, 2005 9:08 am

[B]No longer mileage points for certain class flown[B]

Had to querry a missed return flight from NCL to Moscow last March as it was not showing on my transaction report. Spoke to a very helpful FD helpline lady who gave me the new rule.

Did you know that from now on, all economy tickets booked under N E W or G codes will no longer qualify for mileage points? :td:

Furthermore, trying to visit the (non KLM) lounge at NCL last weekend, I was refused access because I was not flying with KLM but Easyjet.
From the 1st March (I did not know that), you will only get access to non KLM lounges if you fly KLM.

Thanks Air france. :mad:

NickB Apr 5, 2005 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Carmentesoro
Did you know that from now on, all economy tickets booked under N E W or G codes will no longer qualify for mileage points?

W is an award class and has never earned points. G is for airmiles (NL) tickets. Has not earned miles for quite some time now. Non earning on E/N is more recent and has been discussed on several threads.

Originally Posted by Carmentesoro
Furthermore, trying to visit the (non KLM) lounge at NCL last weekend, I was refused access because I was not flying with KLM but Easyjet.
From the 1st March (I did not know that), you will only get access to non KLM lounges if you fly KLM.

Yep: you need to fly KL or an ST partner. Again, this has been true for some time now.

johan rebel Apr 5, 2005 12:05 pm

All of which proves how good KL have been at informing members of all the "improvements" they have introduced.

johan

Aviatrix Apr 5, 2005 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
All of which proves how good KL have been at informing members of all the "improvements" they have introduced.

johan

I remember commenting on this back in February... when, out of three KLM Elites that were sharing a taxi from an airport to a conference venue, I was the ONLY one who was aware of the E/N fares

"WHAT???? You're joking, aren't you? NO?? Where's my ticket? Oh, thank God. It says V"

I suspect that the Hinderdesk is going to collapse under the weight of complaints from people who are having their retro-claims turned down.

tricopulos Apr 6, 2005 10:18 am

Originally Posted by Aviatrix
I suspect that the Hinderdesk is going to collapse under the weight of complaints from people who are having their retro-claims turned down.

Not so easy: if members HAVE been officially "informed" by means of Terms and Conditions (does anybody ever check there the list of the classes not giving miles?), FD News (always read the minuscal textes!), Mileage Summary etc., KLM is legally safe.
This wouldn't be the case instead, if they changed the rules without previously informing the members, but as it never happens.......