Wiki Posts
Search

freeing up award seats?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2005, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: KL, BD, BA, CO
freeing up award seats?

Does anybody know of a good tactic to employ to encourage KLM to free up upgrade award seats?

i've a flight in May and i can tell that only 6 of the 20 odd seats are taken thus far. a request to KLM has brought back an email saying "Only a limited number of Business Class seats is allocated to passengers requesting an upgrade using their Flying Dutchman Miles. This allocation has already been used on the flight in question.".

thanks!

seachain
Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:07 am

I don't think they even do it.

I tried for over six months to get an upgrade on a flight that was showing open/unsold seats up to the day of departure, even calling FD on a daily basis on the last week, but no joy.

It appears the days where Royal Wings (and Platinum Elites) essentially got a seat if it was open are long gone.

If you're departing from Schiphol or one of the other airports with "Day of Departure" upgrading, you may have to hope for that.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 2:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
Can you tell me the fare bucket for C Class Awards Seats?
Old Mar 18, 2005, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
As per a conversation with an intelligent FD helpdesk agent (sadly, moved on) there is no bucket for award seats. It's close to Z, but not a subset and usually less.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 7:08 am

Programs: DL GM
I thought D was the bucket for WBC award seats. Am I mistaken?

If so, then I got U/G by coincidence: I checked for D availability on ITN several times a day for KL602 LAX-AMS. I also called NW Elite line frequently (I'm a US-based NW Plat). When there was no D availabilty, there was no UG availabilty from NW. When I finally saw D1, I called NW right away and got the UG.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MJLogan
I thought D was the bucket for WBC award seats. Am I mistaken?
No, you are not.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.