Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

How often do you score MORE than 1 blue Delft "Bols" house on KL It'l flights? :-))

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How often do you score MORE than 1 blue Delft "Bols" house on KL It'l flights? :-))

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2005, 11:13 am

Thumbs up Do you know someone this kind?

Originally Posted by Seachain
slightly off topic, but for a good history of the houses, Ken Wilkie (editor of Holland Herald) wrote a small book, that KLM made available for a while, and which covered the first 75 houses.

as to blagging more houses than one is entitled to, imho it's all down to how asked, when asked and politeness of asking. i've often gone armed with my Wilkie book, looking for particular houses when the galley is quiet and enjoyed many lively discussions about the houses with the cabin crew, and have also enjoyed the odd 'extra' house probably as a result.

those moments have offset the occasional times when returning in C class and there's not been enough houses to go around, so it's been pretty obvious that people have scored multiple houses ont he outbound segments (or perhaps KLM simply can't count enough of them onto the plane in the first instance - heaven forbid i could think such a thing!).

if you're really serious about collecting every single one, then the only real place to go to spend cash is the off-licence near Centraal Station.
:-: HiYa'll,

I'm wondering if between all you good people out in the world there is one of you knows someone who has the the book mentioned in this quote? And willing to give it away instaed of throwing it away sooner or later?

Same question goes for where can I get the Drakesteyn, Frans Hals and the Farm houses? ^

Miniature #75 is the KLM headoffice I believe but didn't bump into that one either.

I would gladly pay for shipping etc if you have 1 or more of the items and thinking of getting rid of them.

Thanks in advance.

Roland.

Just found this site. It's great!
Old May 13, 2005, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tirakotchi
if there is one of you knows someone who has the the book mentioned in this quote?
Yep, I believe I know myself rather well.

And willing to give it away
No, I'm not. Sorry.

instead of throwing it away
Now you are kidding, right?

Welcome to FT, by the way.

johan
Old Sep 10, 2006, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
We were flying KLM back from Suriname this week with a Surinamese FA. She gave 2 houses to Margaret who has a much smaller collection than mine. They got chatting about Suriname and she snuck back with an extra 2 houses for her, and was not even asked, so that was a surprise.

We flew to Libya last week and and being over water the 737 qualifies for houses in Biz class. As Libya is 100% alcohol free, even in large hotels, airlines and cruise liners are not able to serve booze in Libyan air space or sea space.

And the houses they gave on this route had no wax seal on top, no booze inside of course, and a sticker on back saying it was empty 'due to local regulations" or some such wording.

FA told me the news reported in another thread here that flights to the USA now have no booze in them due to the "liquids" scare, but not sure if they have a sticker on back? Anyway, the Libyan one is the most cherished and unique one from my pretty large collection.

Last edited by ozstamps; Sep 10, 2006 at 7:47 am
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Old thread, but definitely relevant question. Are these still given out on tag flights from long-hauls like between Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur? or are they only given out on the long sectors now?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Yes, they give houses between KL and Jakarta or SIN- DPS - experienced this a year ago when I flew this biz. But only one house for a full flight, so those flying Jakarta - KUL - AMS only get one house.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
They give extra house sometimes on the uio gye flight if people joke about it.

as John I have 2 collections but I still collect them as I like the newer ones with darker roofs more then the older ones.

Curious for house 100

it is going to be Tushinski Theater in Amsterdam I recon!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Does anyone drink the liquid inside (supposedly alcohol)?

I feel like I did when I got my first Stretch Armstrong as a boy -- took all of 10 minutes before I opened him up and let him ooze.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
I flew with my cat from ORD to AMS and the lovely flight attendant offered an additional house for my cat. Another time I was flying economy and brought a duplicate house from a previous flight and asked a flight attendant if I could get a different one. She checked and came back and gave me two. They are wonderful. I have over 80 now.
caliform likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
On a recent Asia flight I got a second house from the attendant because they ran out of my first meal choice and I volunteered for an alternative one.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
What year ?

Is there a list somewhere that identifies the year of original issue of each house ?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At least two books have been published about these houses.

Johan
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:17 pm

Yes, but are the issue dates identified in either book ?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Yes, but are the issue dates identified in either book ?
I'll check for you when get close enough to those books.

Johan
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:35 am

Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
FWIW, when I was more fervent about chasing houses for my collection I had about a 50% success rate asking the purser for a spare 'if anyone turned them down'. Some were almost insulted at the proposition where others happily gave more with a smile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.