FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Kl 644 Jfk-ams (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/319295-kl-644-jfk-ams.html)

007 May 6, 2004 7:21 pm

Kl 644 Jfk-ams

Wondering if anyone experienced this flight before? I am book in WBC. After looking at my itinerary, meal is lasted as “snack”. I usually don’t eat on late flight but I am wondering what exactly is “snack”? Salad??? I believe KL 644 is a 747 (old WBC?). Should I change my schedule to the 6.00 pm flight? KL uses 777 on that flight.

Thanks

dk2030kaz May 6, 2004 9:36 pm

kl644 is 747 with old WBC - on it a couple of weeks ago. Do not remember food as I was trying to catch some sleep but think only snack snack. Would suggest that if you can get the kl642 at 18:15 go for it. Entertainment is much better (although you will most likely be sleeping) , seat is in my opinion better, unless you can get row 77 and then still I feel that comfort is much better on 777 (I know not everybody agrees on this one). Enjoy the flight :)

djohannw May 6, 2004 10:05 pm

I've done that flight in January in coach, and the snack was a hot sandwich at that time followed by a hot breakfast the next morning before landing in AMS. So my guess would be that there is a hot snack in WBC as well...

Greetings - Dirk

007 May 6, 2004 10:14 pm

Thank you for your inputs. Are seats in row 77 preblock? I look at the seatmap and saw all 4 are takens. Other than row 77....would you recommend sitting upstair or the nose section? Also, how is the KLM lounge in AMS?
This is the first time fore me connecting through AMS.

Aviatrix May 7, 2004 12:53 am

Originally Posted by 007
Also, how is the KLM lounge in AMS?
This is the first time fore me connecting through AMS.

KLM has three lounges in AMS, one in the Schengen area and two in the non-Schengen area. All three can get very crowded (but are reasonably nice when they're not crowded). Reasonable selection of drinks, but no food other than nachos, mini muffins and cereal bars. There is broadband Internet access but you have to pay for it.

If you are a non-smoker avoid the Schengen lounge like the plague. All three lounges have smoking areas, but whereas smoking areas in the other two are behind a screen the one in the Schengen lounge isn't and the whole lounge has a smokey atmosphere.

Dambus May 7, 2004 4:21 am

Don't forget the lounge in JFK

KLM uses the Aer Lingus Gold Circle lounge at JFK and it is actually quite good. They have a decent range of substantial snacks & sandwiches and there are showers. If you need to get maximum sleep you could eat there and skip the plane fare.

-- Dambus

johan rebel May 7, 2004 8:10 am

Originally Posted by 007
would you recommend sitting upstair or the nose section? Also, how is the KLM lounge in AMS?.

Do a search, this subject has been discussed extensively.

My personal preferences : 4F, 4E, 77K, 77A.

johan