Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA to KLM transfers at AMS: how long is needed?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2004, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

BA to KLM transfers at AMS: how long is needed?

I am planning a trip which might require connecting from BA to KLM at Amsterdam. I was wondering does anyone happen to know the minimum permissible connection time?
Old Apr 26, 2004, 1:36 am

BA uses the non-Schengen gates at the D pier in AMS, next to many KLM flights. Therefore, it should require the same connection time as KLM (I believe 1 hour).
Old Apr 26, 2004, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If issued on separate tickets, I would plan for more than 1 hour.

The official minimum check-in time for inter-continental is 1 hour and the 40 mins for intra-European. This being said, you should be able to check-in and get your boarding pass online from home, which would give you more leeway.

If you are on a through ticket, 1 hour should be OK. If you are not flying into Schengen, the actual gate-to-gate time should be fairly short (15 to 20 mins max at a leisurely pace).

The minimum connection time KL to KL is, AFAIK, 50 mins with an inter-continental flight or 40 mins intra-Europe.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickB
If issued on separate tickets, I would plan for more than 1 hour.

The official minimum check-in time for inter-continental is 1 hour and the 40 mins for intra-European. This being said, you should be able to check-in and get your boarding pass online from home, which would give you more leeway.

If you are on a through ticket, 1 hour should be OK. If you are not flying into Schengen, the actual gate-to-gate time should be fairly short (15 to 20 mins max at a leisurely pace).

The minimum connection time KL to KL is, AFAIK, 50 mins with an inter-continental flight or 40 mins intra-Europe.
thanks everybody. that's a great help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.