KLM and drinks

Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:01 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by MileageRunner68
Last year, that change in the non-Schengen lounge where you can't pour your own drink anymore infuriated me when take-off of my longhaul flight was delayed by 3 hours to midnight, and the bar was closing shop at 22:00.... I was just in time to make them pour me 3 glasses of wine to keep me going until boarding
Self-service wine is (was?) available in the corner under the stairs, next to the working booths. To the right of the entrance.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Self-service wine is (was?) available in the corner under the stairs, next to the working booths. To the right of the entrance.
Not that night unfortunately 😕
Old Apr 25, 2024, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ok986
KLM does not serve any liquor in long-haul Y (not even a digestif), and if you push, the FA's would even try to persuade you that this was never the case (there was a small discussion here). By contrast, both AF and DL serve liquor on long-haul. AFAIK, all three serve some wine and beer on long-haul, though I've never tried it on any of them.
I once received a Platinum greeting whilst travelling in long-haul Y and took this opportunity to ask for a gin & tonic to which I was told that this was only available for business passengers. That was the interaction that made me stop chase Platinum
AnaTFN and arjen05 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Interesting, never seen this before. Will check it out next time.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Does Amsterdam count?

Good guess
Old Apr 25, 2024, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by dubistokay
Good guess
Well, it's almost 50/50 odds if you're flying KLM - right?

Old Apr 30, 2024, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I canít say Iíve ever come across such outright stinginess on KLM before, but I was on a KLC flight last summer in which further Cava was refused for an altogether different reason - namely that the single small bottle I had already consumed constituted the aircraftís entire supply*Ö

(*Inbound to AMS from BOD, so canít say how many bottles were actually loaded at Schiphol before the outbound).
Old Apr 30, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I've certainly had it on multiple airlines that this or that ran out. Not particularly unusual.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Well, it's almost 50/50 odds if you're flying KLM - right?

is Singapore the only place in the world that has direct KLM flights to two party destinations....?
Old May 2, 2024, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've certainly had it on multiple airlines that this or that ran out. Not particularly unusual.
Itís the only time it has every happened to me. I mustnít be drinking enough
Old May 3, 2024, 12:09 pm

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by BA850
I canít say Iíve ever come across such outright stinginess on KLM before, but I was on a KLC flight last summer in which further Cava was refused for an altogether different reason - namely that the single small bottle I had already consumed constituted the aircraftís entire supply*Ö

(*Inbound to AMS from BOD, so canít say how many bottles were actually loaded at Schiphol before the outbound).
still beats the warm bottle of cava I got last week on an ex-VLC flight to AMS. Aircraft was there overnight and I assume it was loaded in AMS, therefore warm in the morning.

very preposterous of me to ask for cava at 7am, I guess.
BA850 likes this.
Old May 3, 2024, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by t0t1t2
is Singapore the only place in the world that has direct KLM flights to two party destinations....?
No, KL also flies a number of triangle routes (like such as AMS-JRO-DAR-AMS).

Though I believe it is the only place that they sell tickets for separately (i.e. you can fly just SIN-DPS or v.v.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.