Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMS Schengen Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2023, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

AMS Schengen Lounge?

I'm flying to MAD via AMS this Thursday and was checking on the lounge details and a pop-up appeared on the KLM website saying this lounge was temporarily closed. (It was a weird pop-up that only appeared if you clicked on another lounge related link for info.) I searched through FT to see if there was any mention of this but found none. So now I wonder if it's an old link that didn't get cleaned up from the website or that it was so new that nobody has mentioned it yet?
I know there is another Non Schengen KLM lounge but I would rather just get through passport control first (not eligible for E-gates) and relax before the flight.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:55 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
I expect it to be a glitch or old link.

that said, I'm in AMS today, if it is closed I will report back (if it's open I'll probably forget and you won't hear from me)
Old Mar 22, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Monday the Schengen lounge was open and not any announcement of immediate closure. It is KLM's only lounge for Schengen passengers and with the volume KLM handles you cannot see this being closed without major work on organising and announcing alternatives. Very likely a glitch indeed.
Old Mar 22, 2023, 7:51 am
Original Poster

thanks for responses!
Old Mar 22, 2023, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by SFO voyageur
thanks for responses!
still very much open. And busy.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 4:48 am

Just out of interest if you fly into AMS on China Airlines on a code share flight with KLM and you are in business class , then connect to a short haul flight in economy, do they let you use the lounge on arrival as you have flown with a partner airline.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by ColomboMic
Just out of interest if you fly into AMS on China Airlines on a code share flight with KLM and you are in business class , then connect to a short haul flight in economy, do they let you use the lounge on arrival as you have flown with a partner airline.
only if you have status. KLM doesn't have an arrivals lounge, so your BP for your onward Eco flight is leading, which in itself does not offer lounge access.

Edit: this post seems to claim arriving on a KL coded J flight would work too.
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 5:00 am

Many thanks for your help
Old Apr 9, 2023, 12:12 am

Figure i add onto this thread as I don't know if others discussing -

Lounge 25 is open but was told this morning showers are not available.
kthomas likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 7:45 am

We'll be arriving from YUL at 7.25, departing for FCO at 9.25, in J with wife getting wheelchair assistance. Any guidelines for what time we reach Lounge 25, and how distant the departure gate is, to say it isn't worth going to the lounge? This past Mon-Fri the departure gates for KL1601were C5, C18, C15, D86, D82.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by rove312
We'll be arriving from YUL at 7.25, departing for FCO at 9.25, in J with wife getting wheelchair assistance. Any guidelines for what time we reach Lounge 25, and how distant the departure gate is, to say it isn't worth going to the lounge? This past Mon-Fri the departure gates for KL1601were C5, C18, C15, D86, D82.
pretty hard to predict as your YUL flight might be delayed, and the gate for FCO could literally be any in the C and D pier. D would be good, as you basically have to pass via the entrance of the lounge to get there. C would mean a little detour.
rove312 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by rove312
Normally if passport control is not too slow this would give you easily 1 hour in a lounge. Wheelchair assistance implies leaving the plane as one of the last, but that will not take one hour (and maybe since you fly J you just have to wait till the J pax have left). And maybe gives priority at passport control. C and D are close to lounge 25 (C 5 min, is a short pier, and end of D (is a long pier) 10 min for a person able to walk quickly). Some time in the lounge should be doable unless the plane is late. Having said this, Lounge 25 is so-so quality (see dedicated thread) - but if you are just after a coffee with a croissant or so that will be fine.
rove312 likes this.

Last edited by atflyer; Aug 26, 2023 at 10:34 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.