Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > KLM Flying Dutchman
Reload this Page >

Skip first leg on Flying Blue award ticket and potential upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2022, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond - Marriott Titanium - Hilton Gold

Hello,
I booked a BRU-AMS-JFK flight through Flying Blue miles, KL marketed and operated, AF ticketed.
The agent told me that, unlike what happens with revenue ticket, on Flying Blue tickets I could show up in Amsterdam and board the flight to JFK.
I could not find any confirmation on this, are you guys aware of this specifically for Flying Blue (non-revenue) tickets operated by AF/KL ?

Secondary question, can I upgrade a Flying Blue mileage ticket from PE to Business using the Delta Global certificates? The certificates can normally be used for Delta award tickets, but does that mean that they can be used on any award ticket ?
Old Sep 12, 2022, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by andifax
The agent told me that, unlike what happens with revenue ticket, on Flying Blue tickets I could show up in Amsterdam and board the flight to JFK.
I would advise you NOT to attempt this. Travel exactly as you booked and exactly as you are ticketed, unless you fancy spending hours on the day of travel trying to rearrange travel when you show up independently in AMS and find your flight has been cancelled and/or unless you salivate at the prospect of a months-long fight to have the price of the new ticket you are required to purchase to get you to JFK refunded (with little prospect of prevailing).

Besides, you would be far better to experience AMS as a passenger already in transit, rather than as one originating in AMS (there were queues of well over 5 hours for some departing passengers today)

Originally Posted by andifax
Secondary question, can I upgrade a Flying Blue mileage ticket from PE to Business using the Delta Global certificates?
No, you cannot.
Old Sep 12, 2022, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond - Marriott Titanium - Hilton Gold
Thank you irishguy28

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.