Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transavia Paris-Palermo -- missing days

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Transavia Paris-Palermo -- missing days

Minor question in the grand scheme of things, but I'm looking at a trip in September or October of this year that may involve flying from Paris (CDG or ORY) to Palermo (PMO).

Transavia operates this route nonstop but there are two random days in September (18 and 21 Sept) on which it doesn't operate at all. This route clearly has a seasonal pattern where starting on 28 October, it only operates on Sunday, Mondays and Thursdays, but the two missing days in September are well before this seasonal schedule change.

One of those two days is very likely to be the one on which I'd like to fly from Paris to Palermo. I can work around it if I must, but I'd much rather take one of the Transavia nonstops if available (the only other nonstop is on Ryanair from Beauvais, which is less than ideal) -- does anyone know if this is likely to be the final schedule and I'm just unlucky? Or is this some weird bug?

EDIT -- is it possible that the nonstop flights are completely sold out? I guess I'd be surprised but maybe there's a big event or something that I don't know about...
Old Jul 21, 2022, 1:02 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
There is no Transavia flight loaded on the 18th. There is one AF flight from CDG, but it's sold out.

On 21st, there is the afternoon flight available for 69 EUR (Basic fare) currently.

I would think it's feasible that the flight(s) on 18th were cancelled for whatever reason, maybe the AF one was loaded as sort of replacement?.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by andrewesque
does anyone know if this is likely to be the final schedule and I'm just unlucky?
If there are to be any schedule changes at this late stage, it is almost certain to only be *cancellations*, rather than adding brand new flights.

PS: why the KLM forum?
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you both!

Originally Posted by irishguy28
PS: why the KLM forum?
Sorry if this was the wrong place! I saw that there was another Transavia question, and then upon googling realized they were a wholly owned subsidiary of KLM, so this seemed like the right place.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Thank you both!

Sorry if this was the wrong place! I saw that there was another Transavia question, and then upon googling realized they were a wholly owned subsidiary of KLM, so this seemed like the right place.
Agree with OP Andrewsque there is probably no other forum to post this question....and glad it is solved.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Thank you both!

Transavia operating out of France is 96% owned by Air France, which in turn is part of Air France-KLM.

Transavia France S.A.S. is 95.51% owned by Air France S.A. and 4.49% owned by Transavia Airlines C.V. of the Netherlands,[5] both of which in turn are ultimately owned by Air France–KLM. Transavia is run as an independent operation, with both arms operating with an identical business model, website and image.[6]
So maaaaaybe the Air France section would have been better, but we welcome you too 😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.