Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KL651 18 July

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:32 am
Original Poster

KL651 18 July

It looks like KL651 (AMS-IAD) got diverted to PIT yesterday, but did not continue the journey (with the recovery leg now scheduled for today). Any insight into why that would have happened (perhaps crew timing)?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by chessman
Any insight into why that would have happened (perhaps crew timing)?
Crew timing might explain why they didn't continue the flight, but it certainly is not a reason for diverting to PIT in the first place.

It was most likely an on-board (medical?) incident.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Crew timing might explain why they didn't continue the flight, but it certainly is not a reason for diverting to PIT in the first place.

It was most likely an on-board (medical?) incident.
The diversion was after a long hold because of weather at IAD (PIT got a bunch of diversions from NY and DC yesterday; there were some really bad storms).
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Looks like that aircraft finally flew onward onto Wash/Dulles (IAD) this afternoon, landing at the same time as today's AMS inbound flight.

I wonder how/what KLM is going to deal with that "extra" A330 sitting there now, without disrupting their daily AMS-IAD inbound.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlin32
Looks like that aircraft finally flew onward onto Wash/Dulles (IAD) this afternoon, landing at the same time as today's AMS inbound flight.

I wonder how/what KLM is going to deal with that "extra" A330 sitting there now, without disrupting their daily AMS-IAD inbound.
Looks like there are two KL652s tonight (the originally scheduled one and the one from last night).
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...350Z/KIAD/EHAM
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...350Z/KIAD/EHAM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.