Privium/SP questions re: travel companion without status

Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Privium/SP questions re: travel companion without status

I'm soon-ish flying CPH-AMS-XXX with a long (5h) layover. At AMS I will go landside to pick up a friend with no status flying Y on KL. It will also allow me to go for a brief smoke before the long haul segment.

I'm thinking on how to handle this best, trying to reduce wait times for both myself and the travel companion, myself having STE+ and Privium, flying J KL.

A few questions:
  1. Is there any possibility to get whomever is checking in my friend's luggage to add SP to the boarding pass?
  2. If not, how risky is it to give him mine with SP and use the Privium gate myself (in extremis carrying his, in case of the elusive random checks which never happened to me so far)?
  3. I have 2 guest vouchers left for the Privium lounge. If we decide to use the lounge before security, and then have too much time to kill after security, would that cost me both vouchers if I wanted to enter the Privium lounge there? (If so, we might opt for L52 instead as I can guest him there).
  4. any other "hacks" to make security and kmar passage as smooth as possible?

I think I know AMS pretty well, but some of you out here just basically live at AMS.

Travel is scheduled in 2 weeks, repeating a similar (but different) itinerary in October. Any advice is appreciated!
dubistokay likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by b12e
A few questions
1. I highly doubt it.
2. You'll get away with it. Boarding cards are never matched against IDs.
3. Unless you have a really compelling reason, why visit the landside lounge? You are flying non-Schengen, and the West lounge is better than the landside one in my opinion.
4. Pony up for the Schiphol VIP Service.

Johan
b12e, dubistokay and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johan rebel
3. Unless you have a really compelling reason, why visit the landside lounge? You are flying non-Schengen, and the West lounge is better than the landside one in my opinion.

Johan
landside allows for some drinks and food, then another cigarette before going through security and being nicotine free for the next 15 hours..
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by b12e
landside allows for some drinks and food, then another cigarette before going through security and being nicotine free for the next 15 hours..
Ahh . . . I get it. As a non-smoker that never occurred to me, but I understand your predicament.

Johan
b12e likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Ahh . . . I get it. As a non-smoker that never occurred to me, but I understand your predicament.

Johan
I’m a dying breed anyway. Be it because of the smokes or regulations. Soon it won’t occur to anyone any longer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.