Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting on an earlier connecting flight at Schiphol?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Getting on an earlier connecting flight at Schiphol?

If I have a connecting flight with KLM at Schiphol airport with a long transfer time, is it possible to get on an earlier flight if there is space (and if I only have hand luggage)? - With a business class ticket.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:55 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by Synthesis
If I have a connecting flight with KLM at Schiphol airport with a long transfer time, is it possible to get on an earlier flight if there is space (and if I only have hand luggage)? - With a business class ticket.
You could try using the change ticket feature on the website or app and If that doesn't work you could give a call or send a tweet. If all goes to worse, you could try talking to the people in the lounge. I was able to change mine for a longer connection a few weeks back and got a refund of about $200 on the app but it was during the rebook thing as the problems in AMS had just started.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Normally, no. But no risk to ask.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: FB:Plat ALL:Plat
Try to go to the Transfer desk and ask nicely
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:24 am

Sure. You can ask at the transit counter and at the lounge. I would just ask at the gate, mention you were given the advice to ask for a "go show" which is easily possible for them to allow you on any ticket nowadays given the operarional issues at Schiphol and the General waiver in place. Many people miss flights because the join the General Queue so almost all flights leave with empty seats except the late night departures when the rush has calmed down. You need a Senior agent Juniors often don't know about this Feature.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
KLM currently have a change flights for free offer because AMS is such a mess. I used it yesterday VLC-AMS-EDI originally in the evening and I changed online to the morning flights for free. 06:20 leaving VLC and 50 minutes in the S-NS passport check at 9 am but I still got home OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.