Competent call center

Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond
Competent call center

Is there a competent KLM call center I can call? Tried half a dozen times on the US number and have been told half a dozen different reasons why I can't change my return flight, despite there being availability on KLM.com and on matrix. Twitter has been even worse. Pretty sure they're processing the stopover wrong or not at all (they're often saying the flight is COMPLETELY sold out, which is obviously not true). But can't get a coherent response as they don't seem to understand how fares actually work.

Thanks for any help!

​​​​​​
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by krypttohk
Is there a competent KLM call center I can call? Tried half a dozen times on the US number and have been told half a dozen different reasons why I can't change my return flight, despite there being availability on KLM.com and on matrix. Twitter has been even worse. Pretty sure they're processing the stopover wrong or not at all (they're often saying the flight is COMPLETELY sold out, which is obviously not true). But can't get a coherent response as they don't seem to understand how fares actually work.

Thanks for any help!

​​​​​​
pretty sure no matter which number you call, you get to the same contact center depending on time of day.

it might be worth calling in the US' afternoon, when the EU is 'closed' or visa versa. Probably other teams staffed.

alternatively, call middle of the night if you're platinum, as that offers you 24/7 support.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by b12e
pretty sure no matter which number you call, you get to the same contact center depending on time of day.

it might be worth calling in the US' afternoon, when the EU is 'closed' or visa versa. Probably other teams staffed.

alternatively, call middle of the night if you're platinum, as that offers you 24/7 support.
KL has 24/7 support regardless. My experience is that the best (as in most competent and able to actually do things) call center employees are the ones you get if you call the Dutch number and select to be helped in Dutch. Which requires navigating a Dutch phone menu.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by CyBeR
KL has 24/7 support regardless. My experience is that the best (as in most competent and able to actually do things) call center employees are the ones you get if you call the Dutch number and select to be helped in Dutch. Which requires navigating a Dutch phone menu.
the website says 8am to 8pm on the Dutch number. Either their information is false or yours is. I am very much inclined to say the former, as it is KLM 😅

Edit: ah nevermind, flying blue is 8-8, KL in dutch is 7-22 and English 24/7
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Well, I finally got through to someone who found return availability in Z, but he said there was still a fare difference. He couldn't tell me why, tried to get a supervisor, but said no supervisors were working. Now I don't know what to do. I have tried to read the fare rules end to end and still can't find anything that would not allow making the change as an even exchange.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Well, I finally got through to someone who found return availability in Z, but he said there was still a fare difference. He couldn't tell me why, tried to get a supervisor, but said no supervisors were working. Now I don't know what to do. I have tried to read the fare rules end to end and still can't find anything that would not allow making the change as an even exchange.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Old Jun 28, 2022, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I commiserate, but can unfortunately offer any helpful advice. What I do know, however, is that posting exactly the same update thrice within an hour is not going to get you any nearer a solution.

Johan
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johan rebel
I commiserate, but can unfortunately offer any helpful advice. What I do know, however, is that posting exactly the same update thrice within an hour is not going to get you any nearer a solution.

Johan
Thanks for the heads up, though your tone could have been a bit presumptuous. I only posted the first of those, my guess is that flyertalk is poorly coded, and it was reposting when I refreshed the page on mobile. Trying to delete now, but but the edit button has no option for delete that I can see. Will try again when I get back to my laptop.
Lomapaseo, EHAM1 and smartytravel like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by b12e
Is the middle of the night/out of hours better for the platinum line? I thought you were redirected to the regular number/staff out of hours.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by CyBeR
If your phone number is registered at FB, you will be directed to the language of your profile. Also if you call the dutch number. In the menu you can choose the language, but anyway I get directed to English all the time.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by westi2002
If your phone number is registered at FB, you will be directed to the language of your profile. Also if you call the dutch number. In the menu you can choose the language, but anyway I get directed to English all the time.
Yes, I'm aware. I had my language accidentally set to English and kept getting the wrong (externally contracted) agents. It took me a while to fix; that setting is somewhat buried.

But one can easily circumvent that temporarily by disabling caller ID or, of course, using a different phone. The Dutch IVR might pose a problem though. The downside to doing that though is that if you're elite they won't recognise that and will put you in the queue with all the other non-elites.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by westi2002
Somehow, strangely, over the last 3 weeks or so my calls are not directing to my language choice anymore and nor are they recognizing my phone number. I have had to key in my FB number each time. But I asked the agent if my phone number maybe is not registered anymore, and they confirmed that it was. So the IT bugs at AFKL are spreading it seems.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
Somehow, strangely, over the last 3 weeks or so my calls are not directing to my language choice anymore and nor are they recognizing my phone number. I have had to key in my FB number each time. But I asked the agent if my phone number maybe is not registered anymore, and they confirmed that it was. So the IT bugs at AFKL are spreading it seems.
Had the same problem last week, but the day after it was OK again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.