FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   KLM delayed compensations (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2082861-klm-delayed-compensations.html)

Past Jun 13, 2022 3:14 am

KLM delayed compensations

HI
I have just been delayed 2 KLM flights total 18 hours. Ticket bought from the UK on a UK current account
I have completed a compensation form and they are insisting that I have a EU bank account and need to be paid into this account.
Don't have one. Asked if could be paid into my friends EU account then and was told I need the power of attorney to do this ? this cant be write I paid from a UK bank account ? any advice greatly appreciated

irishguy28 Jun 13, 2022 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Past (Post 34331087)
I have completed a compensation form and they are insisting that I have a EU bank account and need to be paid into this account.

Does your account have an IBAN and a BIC?

IBAN stands for International Bank Account Number and is an internationally accepted numbering system that identifies individual bank accounts worldwide. Banks use IBANs to process money transfers and ensure payments arrive in the correct location.

In the UK, IBANs consist of 22 characters and include the country code, check digits, bank code, sort code, and bank account number.

https://www.westernunion.com/statica...lustration.svg

1 – Country code – 2 letters
The first two letters represent the country where your bank is located. This is “GB” for United Kingdom.

2 – Check digits – 2 digits
The next two digits are check digits. These are calculated with an algorithm and used to validate the correctness of the IBAN.

3 – Bank code – 4 characters
This four-character code identifies the bank.

4 – Bank branch – 6 digits
This six-digit sort code identifies the bank branch.

5 – Bank account number – 8 digits
Lastly, the account number is listed and is a maximum of eight digits. Generally, shorter account numbers are left-justified and preceded by zeros to make them eight digits.

BIC stands for bank identifier code; it's a unique identifier for a specific financial institution. A BIC is composed of a 4-character bank code, a 2-character country code, a 2-character location code and an optional 3-character branch code

This is all you need to provide KLM to receive compensation. Your bank statement should show both; your IBAN may even be on your debit card; if not, check in your online banking account, or ask your bank for assistance in locating the IBAN and BIC for your current account. This is NatWest's instructions for finding your IBAN and BIC, for example.

chgoeditor Jun 13, 2022 11:43 am

Let me move this to the KLM forum.

chgoeditor
co-mod, Info Desk

Sheepfan Jun 14, 2022 2:27 am

I think there must be some confusion here - I have had two claims from KLM in the last 3 years (one a refund, one an EU261 cancellation) and on both occasions I could use my UK bank a/c, as long as I provided the aforementioned IBAN/BIC details.

SK AAR Jun 16, 2022 6:53 am

Just provide Swift and IBAN for your UK account and it should be fine

Past Jun 17, 2022 12:46 pm

Contact klm

ying to phone klm customer services re compensation claim for delayed flight. Over 2 hours yesterday. And hour today. Still no answer. Loosing the will. Dont have a spare few hours to hang on for answer

SK AAR Jun 21, 2022 6:39 am

Why do you want to call? Waste of time. Just submit your claim in writing/on the webpage and you will get a reply in time.

No KLM CS agent is going to deal with your claim on the phone; this is not the way it works.

Past Jun 21, 2022 12:15 pm

Aye 4 days later no response to emails

Past Jun 21, 2022 12:16 pm

No joy

Aye 4 days later no response to emails

Past Jul 5, 2022 3:50 am

Compensation

Claim made 5th june
email today says

Last updated: Monday, July 4, 2022
We have processed your request and it is now closed.
no money in my account when should it be there. Not even how much it is ?!

SK AAR Jul 5, 2022 5:12 am

But Sir, it takes several days before any amount will be visisble in your account. Give it some time/be patient!

tessy143 Sep 21, 2022 7:24 pm

What is the email address they are emailing you from ? Im trying to get a compensation claim myself for downgrading and I've submitted claims no response. Thank you