Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
So I had an AMS transit on two separate tickets with one day buffer, but BA moved my flight to the day before so now I have only 4 hours layover between separate tickets. ATH-AMS (Aegean), (4-hour layover, 4-8pm)- LCY (BA). So, Schengen to non Schengen transit, EU passport, hand baggage only.

Do you see any time problems with this? I obviously stay airside. Any bottlenecks? Do I just need to pass passport control? And then security again? I am also OW Emerald with AA, does this help anywhere?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
So I had an AMS transit on two separate tickets with one day buffer, but BA moved my flight to the day before so now I have only 4 hours layover between separate tickets. ATH-AMS (Aegean), (4-hour layover, 4-8pm)- LCY (BA). So, Schengen to non Schengen transit, EU passport, hand baggage only.

Do you see any time problems with this? I obviously stay airside. Any bottlenecks? Do I just need to pass passport control? And then security again? I am also OW Emerald with AA, does this help anywhere?
No problem whatsoever
nk15 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Non-Schengen departures only. For Schengen departures there is no passport check.
Sorry, I meant departing the Schengen area but that was indeed entirely unclear!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by johan rebel
Data point from yesterday:

- 11.20 a.m. Schengen to non-Schengen. eGates all open, no queues there or at the manned desks. I forgot to check how many of the latter were open.

Johan
I sure hope it is that way next Thursday when I arrive at the B gates and catch my connecting flight at the E gates.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:15 am

Arrived at Schiphol at around 0800AM and queues snaking a bit.I would say 20 mins waiting time.Prio/Privium 10 mins waiting time so nothing serious yet.

Passport control Schengen to Non Schengen is getting busy right now,,the other direction is still quiet at the moment.I had some time to spare and made a tour.Club Lounge West packed and now in the Express Lounge which is very quiet..
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Netherlines
Club Lounge West packed.
I just bet you can blame SQ323 for that. Privium has cut a deal with SQ, giving their premium pax access to ClubLounge West. 40 or 42 J seats on their A359s.

Johan
b12e and Netherlines like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: AA Exp
Wife arrived at airport at 9 AM this morning. At the gate (Schengen) at 9:30. No luggage, no status, no Privium. Strange times.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:05 am

Same thing yesterday. Colleague arrived around 10.30 and was through by 11.00 (Schengen), no priority. On the other hand, these are just "busy" days acc. to Schiphol. Not "peak" days
Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:16 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold

That will be absolutely fine, as long as Aegean is reasonably on time. You will deplane into the Schengen departures area (B gates) and will walk to the direction of D gates. On the right of the stairs to the Schengen D-gates is the passport control that you'll have to pass to go to the Non-Schengen departures. There will be a line but with the 3-4 hours that you have there should be no issue whatsoever. Then just walk to the direction of your BA gate. Or better yet, use your OW status for a lounge visit (Though I believe the BA lounge is closed, and the Aspire lounge is often very crowded... and pretty mediocre anyway). Still, waiting at the lounge probably beats waiting in the terminal.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Xandrios
That will be absolutely fine, as long as Aegean is reasonably on time. You will deplane into the Schengen departures area (B gates) and will walk to the direction of D gates. On the right of the stairs to the Schengen D-gates is the passport control that you'll have to pass to go to the Non-Schengen departures. There will be a line but with the 3-4 hours that you have there should be no issue whatsoever. Then just walk to the direction of your BA gate. Or better yet, use your OW status for a lounge visit (Though I believe the BA lounge is closed, and the Aspire lounge is often very crowded... and pretty mediocre anyway). Still, waiting at the lounge probably beats waiting in the terminal.
Great, thanks! The specific A3 AMS flight shows often delayed by 20-30 minutes, but should be ok. Are there any e-gates at passport control from Schengen to Non-Schengen, by any chance? Is there also security screening again, or just passport control? This will be in late August, so returning traveler lines may be heavier then, but things may have also improved...
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Some positive news:
Tui & flights booked by Sunweb will continue to be operated,
However some Tui flights will depart from other airports.
https://nos.nl/artikel/2433746-tui-f...omer-gaan-door
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:04 am

Arrived at Schiphol today at 09:20. It was ca. 30min from arrival by taxi (Bolt) to Lounge. Travelling with luggage and SP . I was pleasantly surprised. All e-gates seemed operational in Departures 2.
hi55us likes this.

Last edited by Escape; Jun 23, 2022 at 10:53 am Reason: update
Old Jun 23, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Great, thanks! The specific A3 AMS flight shows often delayed by 20-30 minutes, but should be ok. Are there any e-gates at passport control from Schengen to Non-Schengen, by any chance? Is there also security screening again, or just passport control? This will be in late August, so returning traveler lines may be heavier then, but things may have also improved...
There are e-gates, but they might be inoperative. No security screening. There is a lane for random screenings but I doubt it's in use right now.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:14 am
ftb

What's the latest on priority security for *A business fares (Schengen)? Flying next weekend and I want to know if there's a chance I need to go through the regular flow and will need to be there 4 hours early anyhow.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:51 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Even more good news:
https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieu...d-augustus-vol

1)
Rotterdam Airport is at max capacity untill end of August
Last spots given to Tui
Rotterdam airport serving thus only:
Transavia, Corendon, British Airways and some holiday charters this summer.
https://www.rotterdamthehagueairport...ghts/airlines/

2)
Eindhoven still has some very limited capacity over in August.
These are the present operating airlines:
https://www.eindhovenairport.nl/en/w...dhoven-airport

3)
And then there are Maastricht and Groningen airports (not owned by Schiphol group),
whom are not considered.

4)
So no chance of KLM or other airlines switching flights to other Dutch regional airports

5)
Newly built Lelystad airport's fate (owned by Schiphol group) is still unknown till 2024
https://nos.nl/artikel/2433781-kabin...chten-schiphol

6)
And after end 2023 Amsterdam Schiphol will be limited to only 440000 flights a year (down from 500000) - According to the article, not to worry as Schiphol is not currently operating at that old max capacity.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 23, 2022 at 10:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.