Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by Netherlines
i paid 260 for Privium Plus last month
are we comparing prices here? 235eur for Plus early april, just in time for the mess.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by b12e
are we comparing prices here? 235eur for Plus early april, just in time for the mess.
that became 260eur, I got it late April, for an appointment mid May
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Too right!
Privium is just a small player at Schiphol but seriously the management should stamp it's authority so that a Privium lane is guaranteed.It's written in the contract.
Privium IS Schiphol.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by stefan_nl
Privium IS Schiphol.
Not according to themselves, they are an independent unit competing with other players at Schiphol.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
My parents in law arrived on SQ324 this morning in J. They were through immigration within 15 minutes, non EU passports. But in this case past performance can't be taken as representative of the future...
Are they flying back on SQ323? please update us when they come back (queue times etc).

15 mins are quick, I have flown in J on sq324 before covid and had to wait 40 mins on passport control. How long was the wait time for luggage?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by b12e
Not according to themselves, they are an independent unit competing with other players at Schiphol.
Who said that? They are literally a brand of Schiphol Group.
Markie and KLBGO like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stefan_nl
Privium IS Schiphol.
Originally Posted by thehyrax
Who said that? They are literally a brand of Schiphol Group.
Privium is a Schiphol Group brand, but also a business unit with its own budget. They have to compete with other business units for services and facilities, and pay for what they manage to get.

Johan
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by musicpoem
Are they flying back on SQ323? please update us when they come back (queue times etc).
Yes in 5 weeks though.

How long was the wait time for luggage?
It took a couple of hours standing at the luggage belt.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:27 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
https://insideflyer.nl/op-deze-64-eu...egeling-terug/

KLM flight reductions for specific routes (in numbers/percentages, unclear which specific days and flight#'s will be cancelled).

Last edited by Xandrios; Jun 22, 2022 at 6:40 am
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: Marriott-LT Titanium; AA-LT Gold/Currently Plat Pro
I am reading reports of a Facebook group that deals with travel and hearing that they arrived five hours ahead this morning for an Icelandair flight and still missed it. My daughter's boyfriend is due to fly out of AMS on Icelandair to BOS on Jully 2. I was thinking that since they are out of departures 1 and only operate one flight that it might not be as chaotic but apparently that is not the case.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:08 am

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Family and I will be flying from VIE-AMS-ORD in late July on a premium economy ticket on a US passport. Our baggage will be checked through KLM.

The current flight we are looking at has a 70 minute layover in AMS.

I assume once we land in AMS we need to clear something to exit Europe and that 70 mins is unrealistic?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by odie11
I am reading reports of a Facebook group that deals with travel and hearing that they arrived five hours ahead this morning for an Icelandair flight and still missed it. My daughter's boyfriend is due to fly out of AMS on Icelandair to BOS on Jully 2. I was thinking that since they are out of departures 1 and only operate one flight that it might not be as chaotic but apparently that is not the case.
That seems highly unlikely even in current conditions,maybe they went shopping and missed boarding etc
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:15 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mayday23
Family and I will be flying from VIE-AMS-ORD in late July on a premium economy ticket on a US passport. Our baggage will be checked through KLM.

The current flight we are looking at has a 70 minute layover in AMS.

I assume once we land in AMS we need to clear something to exit Europe and that 70 mins is unrealistic?
70 minutes should typically be plenty - you just need to clear passport control.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:42 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Just in:
https://nos.nl/artikel/2433625-trans...en-op-schiphol

Although annouced stopping of sale of tickets,
Still tickets available ex-AMS on peak days.
KLM certain that present bookings won't lead to mass cancellations.

KLM rekent door wat de maatregelen van Schiphol voor de vliegmaatschappij betekenen en verkoopt daarom nog steeds een beperkt aantal tickets. De luchtvaartmaatschappij verwacht niet dat het nodig zal zijn om bestaande boekingen op grote schaal te annuleren.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2433618-minde...nog-wel-boeken

Transavia will cancel 240 flights from Amsterdam
From the period 7 July - 14 August

This encompasses 13.000 individual bookings
70% of which can be accomodate to alternative flightdates/airports
30% of which can't and they will be offered refund or schedule change

Medio July more info follows which flights are to be cancelled for the rest of August

Source in Dutch:240 vluchten vanaf Schiphol, vanwege de personeelsproblemen op de luchthaven. Hierdoor worden ruim 13.000 boekingen getroffen.

Het gaat om vluchten die tussen 7 juli en 14 augustus gepland waren. Transavia zal vandaag alle getroffen passagiers op de hoogte stellen.

Omgeboekt of geld terug

Volgens Transavia kan ongeveer 70 procent van de getroffen passagiers omgeboekt worden naar een andere vlucht, bijvoorbeeld op een andere dag of vanaf een andere luchthaven. Bij 30 procent lukt dit niet. Deze passagiers ontvangen het geld voor hun ticket terug, of kunnen hun reis uitstellen naar een ander moment.

Ook in de rest van augustus moeten vluchten vanaf Schiphol geschrapt worden, onduidelijk is nog hoeveel. Reizigers die tussen 15 en 28 augustus reizen, krijgen half juli te horen of hun vlucht doorgaat.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 22, 2022 at 7:49 am Reason: #% keyboard on phone
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:32 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
That seems highly unlikely even in current conditions,maybe they went shopping and missed boarding etc
Nope. It could have happened. My friends also queued more than 4 hours (security screening) on Monday and also missed their flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.