Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:43 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
johan rebel : thanks for the update!

Did i read : troela in official Schiphol vest claiming privium is not eligable for priority?
The Schiphol budget clearly is not spent on proper quality training but on quantity drones.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by Concerto
This is what I could see when transiting Amsterdam on Sunday. It was taken from the walkway leading out to pier B.

Looks like the queue to see Mick perform at the Arena

Joke aside,
interesting to see the tent/awning does not cover the whole queue length!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by johan rebel
- the Privium scanner gave direct access to priority checkpoint #4, thus cutting in front of the the priority line. However . . . a lady in a Schiphol jacket soon showed and told me to go to the back of the line, saying that Privium was not entitled to priority any more. As the line was only a dozen or so people long, it was not worth arguing about.
You have to give it to Schiphol, this is genius.

Step 1: Make your normal service suck
Step 2: Tell people if they pay extra they get better service
Step 3: Collect people's money
Step 4: Make the better service suck too
Step 5: Profit!
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:59 am

Bet the Schiphol / KLM farce is going to be a test casus for business/management schools for decades to come.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Did i read : troela in official Schiphol vest claiming privium is not eligable for priority?
yep.

As you come up the escalator, there are separate access scanners for Priority and Privium, which lead to separate queues. The Priority one is the usual Tensa zigzag setup, the Privium one leads straight to Security checkpoint #4, a distance of not even 10 meters. Fabulous, if it weren't for that lady. Pax from the Priority queue were fed into the checkpoint in batches, and I was placed at the end of one. So I actually bypassed all those Priority pax lined up in the labyrinth, and thus still saved a lot of time. 20+ minutes, and I would guess.

Anyhow, I shouldn't complain, compared to the other 99.99% of pax it was a breeze. No slower than any normal day, in fact.

Johan
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jambochris
The queue from non Schengen to Schengen currently stretches to the E pier. Looks v. slow. The stairs down to passport control at the end of both D and E piers are also closed, not many people queuing yet....
So when the transfer queues are this long, how does one get to the Privium gates? Also, same question for passport control at arrival, if the stairs to access I are closed off? Is there even any use in having Privium in this case?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by sehgalanuj
So when the transfer queues are this long, how does one get to the Privium gates? Also, same question for passport control at arrival, if the stairs to access I are closed off? Is there even any use in having Privium in this case?
just walk next to the queue and ignore everyone standing in line. Or wave your Privium card at anyone with a schiphol outfit trying to stop you.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by musicpoem
I Will arrive on SQ 324 in July. 7 30 am arrival from Changi. Non EU passport.

Are morning flights immigration lately packed? More specifically, does it take one hour to clear?

I expect to wait one hour for luggage so if the line takes longer than 1 hour, maybe it makes more sense to book Meet and Assist Schiphol arrival?
My parents in law arrived on SQ324 this morning in J. They were through immigration within 15 minutes, non EU passports. But in this case past performance can't be taken as representative of the future...
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
This is what I could see when transiting Amsterdam on Sunday. It was taken from the walkway leading out to pier B.

1:28 p.m.

Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by b12e
just walk next to the queue and ignore everyone standing in line. Or wave your Privium card at anyone with a schiphol outfit trying to stop you.
That's pretty much what I was expecting, but I guess the blocked stairs could be a potential issue. Or perhaps as Johann mentioned above, the next thing Privium users will be told is that "Privium gets no priority anymore".
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:51 am

Any experiences with Schengen -> Non-Schengen passport queues for transit passengers? Is a 1h5min connection later this week realistic at all?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:54 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by mb752
Any experiences with Schengen -> Non-Schengen passport queues for transit passengers? Is a 1h5min connection later this week realistic at all?
it's a lottery. Sometimes it's a breeze with barely any queue at all; sometimes the queue goes around the corner until past holland boulevard.

edit: the same is true the other way around, spanning to the transfer area at the C gates, where another queue starts for the transfer desks
atflyer likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum

- the Privium scanner gave direct access to priority checkpoint #4, thus cutting in front of the the priority line. However . . . a lady in a Schiphol jacket soon showed and told me to go to the back of the line, saying that Privium was not entitled to priority any more. As the line was only a dozen or so people long, it was not worth arguing about.
Not being familiar with an exotic FFP card may be forgiven, but the airports’s own membership program? Placing cluelese office staff after the BP gates may do more harm than good. Did you let Privium know about this?
Old Jun 21, 2022, 5:59 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm guessing that they are trying to make Privium and Business/SkyPriority one and the same. It simplifies things..
AnaTFN likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 6:39 am

1:28 p.m.

I have never flown from AMS before. Is the above displayed queue for all Terminals or only for Terminal 1.
If we are parking at P1 can we immediately process into Terminal 3? We are flying business class with QR is that enough to skip lines or should we book the meet and assist option. We are a family of five and will not be at the airport before 13:30 and our plane is leaving at 16:15. thanks for your help..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.