FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2080797-mess-ams-today-april-2022-onwards.html)

irishguy28 Jun 15, 2022 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 34338628)
Do they update it on a week-by-week basis?

More or less.

Not sure exactly when they update it, but have you checked whether you can already change for free, even before the website announces this?

jerry_greece Jun 15, 2022 12:15 pm

I did. I get some nice offers for 500-600 euro to switch to train option…

wcalvert Jun 15, 2022 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 34338779)
I did. I get some nice offers for 500-600 euro to switch to train option…

What routing? This was on what page on KLM's site?

jerry_greece Jun 15, 2022 2:52 pm

1 Attachment(s)
It's BRU-AMS-ABZ. On KLM site, selecting the change option

Xandrios Jun 15, 2022 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 34338628)
Do we know or have any sign of when they update the waivers?

Currently the website allows free changes for one week period:

"If you have booked a flight to, from, or via Amsterdam departing on 10 June up to 17 June 2022, you can see below what rebook and refund options we can offer you. These options are only valid if you have a ticket originally issued before or on 9 June 2022."

Do they update it on a week-by-week basis?

I have booked a BRU-AMS-UK ticket for next Friday 24th. Initially, i was on the 305pm BRU-AMS flight but that was cancelled (a looong time ago) and they rebooked me on the evening flight (620pm) which is consistently cancelled for the past days, so it would be nice to sort that in advance.

Lasy time they updated it just 1-2 days before. So...tomorrow with a bit of luck. I'm flying the 18th and would like to change to the 19th... its going to be borderline. Yesterday the new flight on the 19th was sold out, currently its at back at J2 ...but could be gone any second.

Maestro Ramen Jun 15, 2022 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by zoneflyer (Post 34336612)
They already swapped the US leg from a 787 to 777 basically inferior business class product on my flight.

777 seats are more comfortable and have wider foot rests too. Not inferior product at all. Just get a middle seat if you don't want shared aisle access

zoneflyer Jun 15, 2022 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen (Post 34339692)
777 seats are more comfortable and have wider foot rests too. Not inferior product at all. Just get a middle seat if you don't want shared aisle access

remember reading about the same comments somewhere, I guess I will find out soon. Flew their 787-10 back to US last summer

mfkne Jun 16, 2022 1:12 am

De Telegraaf is reporting that Schiphol today will announce that several tens of flights will have to be cancelled every day, among other measures, to be able to make it through summer.

Goldorak Jun 16, 2022 1:43 am

I don't think this was posted before (if the case, apologies), but KL has decided to increase the MCT in AMS from 17/06 to 31/07 due to the on-going mess at AMS. The following was posted on AFKL travel agent portal :

To reduce customer concerns about congestion at Schiphol Airport, KLM will optimize its flight schedule. By increasing the Minimum Connecting Time (MCT) for traffic via Amsterdam for flights departing between June 17 and July 31, 2022 inclusive, KLM wants to give connecting customers a bit more time and peace of mind to make their connecting flight.

The MCT increase applies to these connecting flights:
- KL operating and marketing -> KL operating and marketing
- KL operating and marketing -> AF operating and marketing
- KL operating and marketing -> DL operating and marketing

The new MCT will be:
- EUR - EUR will increase from 40 to 60 minutes
- EUR - ICA and ICA - ICA will increase from 50 to 70 minutes.

The new MCT will only apply to new reservations. If an existing ticket is changed, the new MCT will also apply to the booked flights and the ticket will need to be reissued.

Fabo.sk Jun 16, 2022 1:46 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 34339262)
It's BRU-AMS-ABZ. On KLM site, selecting the change option

1:35 to transfer in AMS, I would NOT depend on this train option. At very least, take the earlier train.

malmostoso Jun 16, 2022 2:27 am

Originally Posted by mfkne (Post 34340547)
De Telegraaf is reporting that Schiphol today will announce that several tens of flights will have to be cancelled every day, among other measures, to be able to make it through summer.

It would be nice if KL would start canceling now so that other reservations can be canceled too.

I have flights that can only be turned into non refundable vouchers and I'm playing chicken. I hope KL will blink first.

mfkne Jun 16, 2022 2:31 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 34340594)
I didn't think this was posted before (if the case, apologies), but KL has decided to increase the MCT in AMS from 17/06 to 31/07 due to the on-going mess at AMS. The following was posted on AFKL travel agent portal :

That is puzzling - I don't think there have been many reports of transfers being a problem, have there?

HadesNL Jun 16, 2022 2:39 am

Just in:
https://nos.nl/artikel/2432878-schip...vanwege-drukte

Schiphol Airport due to cancel flights this summer + flights to be moved to regional airports.
More info later.....

Source:Luchthaven Schiphol gaat deze zomer vluchten schrappen vanwege de drukte. De luchthaven legt de laatste hand aan plannen daarvoor, meldt Barin, de brancheorganisatie van vliegmaatschappijen.

Eerder noemde Schiphol het schrappen van vluchten in de zomer een uiterste maatregel. Naast het schrappen van vluchten, wordt een aantal vluchten verplaatst naar regionale luchthavens.

Volgens Barin wordt later vandaag duidelijk om hoeveel vluchten het gaat. Schiphol zelf zegt de gesprekken over het plan op korte termijn af te ronden en dan met informatie te komen.

and more:
https://www.nu.nl/economie/6206773/s...or-drukte.html

Jeff831 Jun 16, 2022 3:12 am

Transferred twice over last month - no issues there.
First time e-gates open with no wait, second time e-gates closed but short-connections line had no wait (otherwise approx. 15mins wait).

Fabo.sk Jun 16, 2022 4:37 am

The flights are delayed left and right though. Raising MCT by 20 minutes means the flight can be delayed by 20 minutes with 0 impact on connections.