Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Hang Up And Call Again. HUACA.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No improvement this afternoon:

With the exception of KL735, the flights show as en route departed 1 - 1˝ hours late.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
I'm traveling back to AMS through CDG next week Saturday... I'm contemplating whether I have to change my flight to fly directly to AMS (from outside Schengen) to avoid the possibility of the CDG AMS flight being cancelled... besides passport control in AMS will be faster since I have Privium
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Compensation within 7 days

KLM offers conpenstion within 7 days,

Judgment is done on the following facts:
- per flight
- circumstances of flight cancellation
- European guidelines
- reason of flight cancellation
- length of delay
- rebooking done or not
- extra costs within reason

in Dutch:Het bedrijf zegt de aanvragen van reizigers zo snel mogelijk in behandeling te nemen. "Daarbij kijken we per vlucht en per geval wat de omstandigheden van de annulering waren en volgen we de Europese richtlijnen", aldus de maatschappij.

"We kijken bijvoorbeeld naar de reden van annulering, duur van de vertraging en of wel of geen omboeking heeft plaatsgevonden." Verder kijkt de vliegmaatschappij naar extra kosten. "Iedereen die recht heeft op compensatie, compenseren wij en betalen wij binnen de hiervoor gestelde termijn van zeven dagen."

Source
https://www.nu.nl/economie/6204952/k...vergoeden.html

in perspective:
https://www.parool.nl/amsterdam/alle...w.google.nl%2F
irishguy28 likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 6, 2022 at 11:56 am
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a point of comparison - CPH this morning.

Train to lounge took 18 minutes.

- no queues to security access.
- I was the only one through CPH Express (i.e. priority).
- 26 pax ahead of me, the vast majority obviously not priority pax.
- the next six pax who joined the line behind me all came through the Express access point.
- there was a separate adjacent line for pax with young kids. They fed a whole family into the priority line by mistake. Luckily not the one with eight small children that came before them.
- regular pax were drip-fed into the priority line, it seems the idea was to keep the queue at about two dozen.
- two pax with steamer trunks were stopped at the access point. They seemed to think they qualified as hand luggage.
- a gent came running/pushing/shoving past, hollering "I have a flight at 10:20!". The time was 10:10, but everybody decided to indulge him
- security itself was a breeze, as usual at CPH.
- the regular line zigged twice and zagged another two times. Shortly after I arrived, there was a large influx of pax.

There's a guy across from me in the lounge conducting a loud telephone conversation (what else is new?). He told his interlocutor that he missed his flight in spite of getting to the airport two hours before STD. Blamed security.

Johan
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:58 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Train to lounge took 18 minutes.

- no queues to security access.
- I was the only one through CPH Express (i.e. priority).
- 26 pax ahead of me, the vast majority obviously not priority pax.
- the next six pax who joined the line behind me all came through the Express access point.
- there was a separate adjacent line for pax with young kids. They fed a whole family into the priority line by mistake. Luckily not the one with eight small children that came before them.
- regular pax were drip-fed into the priority line, it seems the idea was to keep the queue at about two dozen.
- two pax with steamer trunks were stopped at the access point. They seemed to think they qualified as hand luggage.
- a gent came running/pushing/shoving past, hollering "I have a flight at 10:20!". The time was 10:10, but everybody decided to indulge him
- security itself was a breeze, as usual at CPH.
- the regular line zigged twice and zagged another two times. Shortly after I arrived, there was a large influx of pax.

There's a guy across from me in the lounge conducting a loud telephone conversation (what else is new?). He told his interlocutor that he missed his flight in spite of getting to the airport two hours before STD. Blamed security.

Johan
As another point of reference: last sunday, wait time at security (non-priority) in CPH was between 40 and 50 minutes around 11am according to signs, and they are usually pretty accurate. Priority was 5 minutes. At 10.30am, it was just over 10 minutes to go through "regular" security.

I'll update this message tomorrow, when family has to go through security around 4pm (non-express).

I've seen queues all all the way until the end of the upper deck in terminal 2 though, a week or two ago. Boy was I happy I could walk past them all with CPH Express access. Would've taken me over half an hour probably just to reach the boarding pass scanners to get access to security.

edit "tomorrow":
- really quiet at the airport
- security without status on economy ticket: 5-10 minutes
- bag drop 1 minutes queue, at the automatic drop-off belt
- flight delayed by 20 minutes due to prior delay
-

Last edited by b12e; Jun 8, 2022 at 10:02 am
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never looked at the signs, but train to access about three minutes, and another three to the lounge, so CPH Express itself about 12 minutes. The lane processed just over two pax per minute, which I figure is pretty efficient.

Johan
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:42 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Colleague (zero status) flying UA today at noon reported 2,5 hr check-in and security queue at departures 3.
jerry_greece, irishguy28 and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
This morning:

06:15 Arrival @ AMS
06:35 in Lounge 52

SkyPriority checkin was quiet, only 1 person max in the queue for the desks. Upstairs, SkyPriority passengers were sent left to the security filter above Departures 1 with 2 lanes open. Border control had no queue.
jerry_greece, AnaTFN and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by Thom00992
Upstairs, SkyPriority passengers were sent left to the security filter above Departures 1 with 2 lanes open. Border control had no queue.
I've seen this the last two weeks also: upstairs Privium gate feeding into the nearest security filter, but the SkyPriority gates sending passengers to the left, around the elevators, to the security filter above Departures 1.
irishguy28 and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:03 am

Seems like Schiphol VIP is also currently overwhelmed. Failed to make a booking ~5 weeks in advance (admittedly for a Friday 4:30pm departure). You now need to send them an email (rather than use the website booking flow) so they can send you an automated response saying to expect no reply. Wonder if Schiphol will lean into their newfound awareness of what could be a very profitable revenue stream.

Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by drivingforce
Seems like Schiphol VIP is also currently overwhelmed. Failed to make a booking ~5 weeks in advance (admittedly for a Friday 4:30pm departure). You now need to send them an email (rather than use the website booking flow) so they can send you an automated response saying to expect no reply. Wonder if Schiphol will lean into their newfound awareness of what could be a very profitable revenue stream.

Yeah, I discovered this about 2 weeks ago. Tried to schedule something for a flight even 8 weeks out, and the request has basically been ignored. For now, flight's moved to CDG instead.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drivingforce
Wonder if Schiphol will lean into their newfound awareness of what could be a very profitable revenue stream.
They are probably protecting a very profitable revenue stream - i.e. the assorted kings, queens, princes, sheikhs, honchos, celebrities etc. that make up their loyal customer base. Although they may perhaps do their very best to accommodate your reservation request, you can be sure they will keep plenty of capacity available for their regular customers. That capacity, by the way, is quite limited.

Johan
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: Delta PL, Hilton Diamond, past AA Gold
Monday Update report. from arriving at the airport to lounge in 30 min. having Sky priority helped. Not sure how long the lines were. the lounge was very busy but large to accommodate everyone so no issues getting seats or refreshments. Good luck to everyone.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:14 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
Originally Posted by AnaTFN
I've seen this the last two weeks also: upstairs Privium gate feeding into the nearest security filter, but the SkyPriority gates sending passengers to the left, around the elevators, to the security filter above Departures 1.
It's interesting b/c in the last two weeks I've taken 3 flights from AMS, and this is the first time SkyPriority was redirected to the left. At least the line moved fast

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.