FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2080797-mess-ams-today-april-2022-onwards.html)

Fabo.sk Oct 14, 2022 9:42 am

Today afternoon, around 14:30. After spending some time landside, went to back door with Privium card. Almost no lines anywhere, priority side or not. I reckon 45 minutes before departure was doable HBO even without any priority, Schengen side.

abaheti Oct 14, 2022 9:54 am

deleted

ex-koelner Oct 14, 2022 11:08 am

Just to add another data point: I arrived on LX in J yesterday at 2pm and had to catch a KL flight to BER in Y on a seperate ticket. Luggage was on the belt within 10 minutes after I reached the baggage claim hall from the B gates with no difference of priority or not. Upstairs at KL check-in 4 agents argueing who can check in me, because they had nothing to do. Another level up, I was through security (regular iine) in 5 minutes. I would have even reached the 3.30pm flight to Berlin, but was not brave enough to book it a few weeks ago. Despite bad weather yesterday, everything was very smooth and hassle free. Same experience 2 weeks ago, when departing on LH in J on a Tuesday late afternoon, no signs of long lines or so, I had to kill a lot of time in the lounge.

johan rebel Oct 14, 2022 2:22 pm

Cabin crew union VNC reports on a presentation by KLM COO Stienen discussing the airline's operational problems. A few highlights.

- KLM expects to have what they call a "stable and dependable" network in about five weeks' time.

- the airline will continue to cancel short and longhaul flights, both in the short and long term.

- seat blocking to ensure contingency capacity will continue.

- flight departure times will be adjusted to avoid peaks that exceed ground handling capacity. Flights will be rescheduled to depart either earlier or later.

- KLM does not expect the current problems to affect growth in the long term (I figure they can leave stifling growth to the Dutch government).

Johan

dkeng Oct 14, 2022 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by ex-koelner (Post 34681007)
Just to add another data point: I arrived on LX in J yesterday at 2pm and had to catch a KL flight to BER in Y on a seperate ticket. Luggage was on the belt within 10 minutes after I reached the baggage claim hall from the B gates with no difference of priority or not. Upstairs at KL check-in 4 agents argueing who can check in me, because they had nothing to do. Another level up, I was through security (regular iine) in 5 minutes. I would have even reached the 3.30pm flight to Berlin, but was not brave enough to book it a few weeks ago. Despite bad weather yesterday, everything was very smooth and hassle free. Same experience 2 weeks ago, when departing on LH in J on a Tuesday late afternoon, no signs of long lines or so, I had to kill a lot of time in the lounge.

You should have departed from BER instead of arriving, then you would have had your lounge time suitably cut short by excessive security queues. About 35 mins in the priority lane late afternoon today.

In other news, an English captain on my flight home this evening explained the 30 min delay was due to disruption at Heathrow earlier where they had to remove a passenger that was - and this is a verbatim quote - "plastered". Can't blame KLM for this one...

Ardecos Oct 14, 2022 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Pau3590 (Post 34679991)
it has been chaos in Amsterdam for a long time. I don't want to consciously prolong that chaos by deliberately putting prohibited items in my hand luggage.

for a creative hobby use in tweezers with a point, or a lancing device. will security let this through? Or do I have to unpack my things and then hand them in? in that case I do not hobby on the road because then I can also vacation 3 weeks not my hobby.

see foto for the items

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...67edaf28b.jpeg

I see no-one else has replied. I would be surprised if the lancing device, especially, was allowed through.

Pau3590 Oct 15, 2022 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Ardecos (Post 34681615)
I see no-one else has replied. I would be surprised if the lancing device, especially, was allowed through.

I allready tougth the same.. so i will not take it in my hand;)

THE_Chris Oct 15, 2022 9:17 am

I managed to get an even sharper set of tweezers through Cork, Heathrow and Paris recently, only because I forgot they were in there. They are lethal.They weren't even bothered when they were doing a manual bag search.

johan rebel Oct 15, 2022 12:00 pm

Luchtvaartnieuws reports extremely long queues at arrivals this morning, apparently because lots of KMar officers have come down with Covid. All of a sudden and just like that.

Same story at EIN, but at that airport security staff were the ones who called in sick, which led to long lines and pax missing their flights.

Johan

sakedon Oct 15, 2022 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 34683407)
Luchtvaartnieuws reports extremely long queues at arrivals s this morning, apparently because lots of KMar officers have come down with Covid. All of a sudden and just like that.

I'd like to place a bet that KMar didn't even bother enabling the automated gates... :D

Pau3590 Oct 15, 2022 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 34683407)
Luchtvaartnieuws reports extremely long queues at arrivals this morning, apparently because lots of KMar officers have come down with Covid. All of a sudden and just like that.

Same story at EIN, but at that airport security staff were the ones who called in sick, which led to long lines and pax missing their flights.

Johan

how bad at EIN, even a small airport can’t handle it:(

Xandrios Oct 16, 2022 3:22 am

Anybody went from landslide to non Schengen this morning? Yesterday there was a report about a portion of Omar being out with covid causing long lines, anybody know what the situation is today?

Flying tomorrow just after noon and trying to guesstimate what a good time would be to arrive.

Sjoerd Oct 16, 2022 3:34 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 34684663)
Anybody went from landslide to non Schengen this morning? Yesterday there was a report about a portion of Omar being out with covid causing long lines, anybody know what the situation is today?

Flying tomorrow just after noon and trying to guesstimate what a good time would be to arrive.

Yes, Omar reported sick with Covid, however Mustafa is working normally. 😉

There is a Facebook group “rijen en drukte schiphol” and someone wrote half an hour ago “we are flying to New York in a few hours and we completed all formalities in 30 minutes”.

English-speaking Facebook users can join the group “Expats enjoying Dutch Airport Queues” for life reports.

johan rebel Oct 16, 2022 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Pau3590 (Post 34684490)
how bad at EIN, even a small airport can’t handle it

I bet the fact that Royal Schiphol Group owns 51% of EIN has nothing to do with it. Nothing at all.

Johan

JeffersonCampervan Oct 16, 2022 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Sjoerd (Post 34684679)
Yes, Omar reported sick with Covid, however Mustafa is working normally. 😉

There is a Facebook group “rijen en drukte schiphol” and someone wrote half an hour ago “we are flying to New York in a few hours and we completed all formalities in 30 minutes”.

English-speaking Facebook users can join the group “Expats enjoying Dutch Airport Queues” for life reports.

There's also FB page "Schiphol live in English" for running live reports