Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards

Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:03 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by b12e
Don't really want to start a new thread, but KL is having a webinar right now. They'll talk about all the mess, among other things. I think it's "Nordics" oriented.

It's likely they won't have to say anything new though - likely more "sorry for the mess" and "sustainability"

Edit: AF/KL will allow "stopover" flights if flying AF/KL metal (eg Stockholm->Amsterdam, stay there for a week, then continue on to New York, at the same cost as Stockholm->Amsterdam->New York with a regular layover of <24 hours).

For STE / STE+ members, they're changing the seat model - comparable to Delta. Platinum will remain to be able to select any seat at time of booking for free, but free for Gold members STD-72, and Silver STD-24, rather than discounted.

For Ulti's, the old Blu restaurant in L52 in AMS will become Ultimate space.
For those who would be interested in last week's Nordics webinar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SD5...ature=youtu.be
and the slides.
johan rebel likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Billyfergus
However, the lady security person would not let the other 3 people waiting (me being one) put our filled trays onto the (empty) belt for screening until she had sorted out the family at the end.
Pretty much par for the course. The general rule seems to be that trays are placed on the belt in the same order as pax arrive at the loading bays. Fair enough, but that means the slowest/dumbest/most inexperienced pax set the pace. If an entire extended family with several grannies and even more kids and toddlers with all their paraphernalia is making a huge mess of things at the other bays it can indeed get quite annoying.

I come fully prepared and load my trays in not time, so waiting is usually the name of the game. Occasionally one of the brighter and more flexible agents supervising the loading will let me jump the line, so to speak, but that's not common.

Johan
Didymis and Billyfergus like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BA850
Taking a photograph was sensible. Send it as a complaint to Schiphol, noting that the promised (and paid for) services were not delivered.
Rather send a mail straight to Privium (AnaTFN: I may already have done so a few months ago, but I'll PM you the Privium honchos' email addresses again just in case).

When I last found both Privium gates closed (NS/S) back in July, I mailed them within minutes, and got an immediate reply that the gates should be operational again (they are remotely monitored, but they would ask the KMar to double check).

Goedemiddag,

Is het U bekend dat beide Privium poortjes bij de niet-Schengen / Schengen grenspassage buiten bedrijf zijn? "Kapot", volgens de KMar.

Ik kon gelukkig gebruik maken van de eGates, waar geen mensen in de rij stonden.

Vriendelijke groet,

Johan Rebel

Goedemiddag,

Dank voor uw bericht, en excuus voor het ongemak dat u niet direct via de Privium poortjes de niet-Schengen/Schengen grenspassage kon passeren.

Op dit moment staan beide poortjes in het Privium systeem weer op status “groen” (open en beschikbaar). We doen nog een extra check via de Koninklijke Marechaussee ter zekerheid.

Een goede reis!

Met vriendelijke groet,

F. V.
Didymis and BA850 like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by b12e
I'll bring my torch and pitchfork next week
Please do report back to tell us how you got them through security!

Johan
Didymis and b12e like this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ben5450
Yesterday I did MEX-AMS-ORK, I had plenty of time for the connection but passing the security took me 1h45minutes (and I was one of the first out of the plane).
I hope that was regular security, and not priorty?

Johan
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
How’s SkyPriority access when traveling together with someone without status these days? Are they still strict? I mean I could just check the bag of my partner and go to Privium together so technically it wouldn’t matter, but just wondering
Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Rather send a mail straight to Privium (AnaTFN: I may already have done so a few months ago, but I'll PM you the Privium honchos' email addresses again just in case).

When I last found both Privium gates closed (NS/S) back in July, I mailed them within minutes, and got an immediate reply that the gates should be operational again (they are remotely monitored, but they would ask the KMar to double check).
Not being a member of Privium, I’ll happily defer to your expertise
johan rebel likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:27 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Xandrios
When you use this entrance you initially go up the stairs together with regular pax if I'm not mistaken. Is there actually a manned split off point to then move to the priority queue upstairs? And do you join the same priority queue together with the Skypriority pax that took the other entrance? or are there two priority checkpoints at Departures 1?
Under normal circumstances, you would go upstairs together with regular pax and split after, I think that is correct. Or maybe there is a barrier on the stair already. To be honest I don't remember and can't find pictures to jog my memory.

However this entrance is not in use for regular passengers these days. As mentioned, I don't even think it's in use for non-Privium priority passengers as staff were turning them towards the entrance behind SP zone.
There is however a man upstairs that directs Privium pax to join the priority line and lets passengers with assistance skip to front. I don't know what would happen if a pax without priority somehow got through. I imagine would be sent to enter the regular queue where it starts at the top of the stairs from the road side.

Originally Posted by thehyrax
How’s SkyPriority access when traveling together with someone without status these days? Are they still strict? I mean I could just check the bag of my partner and go to Privium together so technically it wouldn’t matter, but just wondering
All pax are checked for eligibility by staff. One method suggested is to "by mistake" switch BPs with your partner, so they pass with SP while you pass by Privium.
Billyfergus likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:46 pm

Yesterday afternoon the passport readers for Schengen to non Schengen simply weren’t working. So while the lines weren’t long exactly I went from being the next person in line to being behind 20 people. It wasn’t that bad though really. Maybe 10 minutes.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:13 am

Programs: AF, BA, SK, Marriott & Hilton
Fog over Amsterdam this morning.

Many delays in and out of Schipol.
Been seating 1h in my plane from ARN and will mostly miss connection as many other pax from all over Europe. A night ahead in AMS.....
irishguy28 and maalloc like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by supersympa
Been seating 1h in my plane from ARN and will mostly miss connection as many other pax from all over Europe. A night ahead in AMS.....
A wetlease A330 operating for Surinam Airways sailed overhead here at very low altitude a short time ago and has been holding over Hellevoetsluis and Brielle ever since doing what appears, from fr24, to have been a go-around. It was soon joined by a NetJets from Hamburg that also aborted on the same runway. There's quite the club of planes circling with them now to keep them company down there!!!
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, as visibility at AMS was 11 kilometers just four minutes after your post.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
A wetlease A330 operating for Surinam Airways sailed overhead here at very low altitude a short time ago and has been holding over Hellevoetsluis and Brielle ever since doing what appears, from fr24, to have been a go-around. It was soon joined by a NetJets from Hamburg that also aborted on the same runway. There's quite the club of planes circling with them now to keep them company down there!!!
That plane was carrying a 2.5 hour delay before it even got to NL; now it's diverting to Brussels, even as other smaller planes in the same holding pattern are successfully landing.

Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Flying intra-Schengen on KL tomorrow and need to check a bag as a Silver - no Sky Priority on the BP has now caused me to wonder if it's the regular SP check-in zone I get to use or whether there's some separate, lesser bag-drop/check-in area for the lowly likes of I? I thought it was regular SP, but will have to get there earlier if it isn't.

[I have Privium, so security access is fine].
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by etiene
Flying intra-Schengen on KL tomorrow and need to check a bag as a Silver - no Sky Priority on the BP has now caused me to wonder if it's the regular SP check-in zone I get to use or whether there's some separate, lesser bag-drop/check-in area for the lowly likes of I? I thought it was regular SP, but will have to get there earlier if it isn't.

[I have Privium, so security access is fine].
Bag drop is still the same: regular check-in area together with the business class passengers and the Gold/Plat folks.
etiene likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.