FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2080797-mess-ams-today-april-2022-onwards.html)

irishguy28 Sep 7, 22 3:39 am

Arrived by train this morning at 10:03.

Visited the Skypriority desks to check a bag (no queue though there were people milling about blocking the entrance) and sat down in the Schengen Crown Lounge at 10:24

FlyingBlonde89 Sep 7, 22 3:43 am

I have an 8am flight tomorrow. Any data points on early morning flights these days?

(I'm FB Plat, travel companion has no status... she's beginning to worry whereas I don't see there being an issue at showing up at 6am. I've never had an issue using SP area with a companion before.)

Xandrios Sep 7, 22 5:58 am

Your travel compagnon will have to use the regular security line. She will not be able to use priority unless flying Business or having SkyPriority herself.

yno Sep 7, 22 6:32 am


Originally Posted by FlyingBlonde89 (Post 34579420)
I have an 8am flight tomorrow. Any data points on early morning flights these days?

(I'm FB Plat, travel companion has no status... she's beginning to worry whereas I don't see there being an issue at showing up at 6am. I've never had an issue using SP area with a companion before.)

I confirm what Xandrios said. In the past, sometimes it would work if only one passenger had starts, however now it won't work. Only the status holder will be granted any form of priority. That's why this summer I booked for example premium economy on delta in order to have sky priority for all.

FlyingBlonde89 Sep 7, 22 6:37 am


Originally Posted by yno (Post 34579693)
I confirm what Xandrios said. In the past, sometimes it would work if only one passenger had starts, however now it won't work. Only the status holder will be granted any form of priority. That's why this summer I booked for example premium economy on delta in order to have sky priority for all.

:eek:
Oh wow, okay, good to know. Never had this issue before. The last time I travelled with a non Status holder was months ago (and it was still fine). What happens? They literally send the non status passenger back to regular security and out of the SP area or is it checked going up the stairs via SP area?

ok986 Sep 7, 22 7:28 am


Originally Posted by FlyingBlonde89 (Post 34579701)
What happens? They literally send the non status passenger back to regular security and out of the SP area or is it checked going up the stairs via SP area?

Yes. With the most recent changes, you literally have to exit SP check in area anyway before being allowed into the priority queue (the steps up at the back of the SP check-in). The entrance back into area is policed by at least one staff member. Individuals without a priority BP are mercilessly sent to the long queue. There's an exception for small kids, as far as I could see from the casual look at the queue.

FlyingBlonde89 Sep 7, 22 7:48 am


Originally Posted by ok986 (Post 34579786)
Yes. With the most recent changes, you literally have to exit SP check in area anyway before being allowed into the priority queue (the steps up at the back of the SP check-in). The entrance back into area is policed by at least one staff member. Individuals without a priority BP are mercilessly sent to the long queue. There's an exception for small kids, as far as I could see from the casual look at the queue.

Eek. Thanks. Now the debate of whether I tell my companion now or wait until we get there...
​​

mfkne Sep 7, 22 8:46 am

Just because there isn't enough of a mess, there will be no trains country-wide this coming Friday, September 9th.

Varun Vasudeo Sep 7, 22 9:42 am

Hi all, I am flying in on 9th at 7 AM and had the train booked to Brussels but just got a notification of NS strike. What other options do I have to get to Brussels/Antwerp? Checked Thalys and it's all booked.

malmostoso Sep 7, 22 10:19 am


Originally Posted by Varun Vasudeo (Post 34580114)
Hi all, I am flying in on 9th at 7 AM and had the train booked to Brussels but just got a notification of NS strike. What other options do I have to get to Brussels/Antwerp? Checked Thalys and it's all booked.

Flixbus will get you there slowly and uncomfortably, but will get you there.

jerry_greece Sep 7, 22 2:59 pm


Originally Posted by malmostoso (Post 34580213)
Flixbus will get you there slowly and uncomfortably, but will get you there.

Keep in mind that 1) flixbus might get full (if not already) so book it fast and 2) account for traffid delays due to the fact that everybody will be on their car.

Also, more strikes are planned for Tuesday and Thursday next week.

KLflyerRalph Sep 8, 22 12:06 am

Datapoint from 06:30h this morning: no queues at either Departures 1 or 2 priority. Normal queue for Schengen flights busy. No one policing the Skyprio back entrance.

CyBeR Sep 8, 22 5:19 am


Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph (Post 34582280)
No one policing the Skyprio back entrance.

That is a big change from before. I wonder if they finally figured out that policing the entrance for silver members/companion pax is pointless if there are no lines anyway.

HadesNL Sep 8, 22 9:12 am

Railway strikes Friday 9 September 2022
 
Source:
https://www.ns.nl/en/travel-informat...ng-strike.html

https://www.nu.nl/economie/6222750/s...t-utrecht.htmlLuchthaven Schiphol blijft vrijdag bereikbaar per trein via het traject Utrecht Centraal-Amsterdam-Zuid-Schiphol Airport. Reizigers die vanuit een andere richting komen, wordt geadviseerd voor alternatief vervoer te kiezen. Het NS-treinverkeer ligt vrijdag in de rest van Nederland stil door een regionale staking.

Volgens de NS rijdt er op dat traject in beide richtingen tot 20.00 uur vier keer per uur een trein. Van 20.00 tot 0.00 uur gaat het om twee treinen per uur en van 0.00 tot 4.00 uur rijdt er één trein per uur.

Amsterdam Airport Schiphol can be reached by train only by route:
Airport - Amsterdam Zuid - Utrecht Centraal v.v.
untill 20.00 evening : service is 4x p/h
from 20.00 - 0.00 : service is 2x p/h
from 0.00 - 4.00 : service is 1x p/h

Good luck everyone!

tourguide Sep 8, 22 2:26 pm

And to travel to other parts of Amsterdam, there are buses: 397 to city centre (Leidseplein), bus 300 to southeast/Bijlmer, bus 369 to Amsterdam Sloterdijk, bus 194 to Amsterdam de Aker, transfer to tram 1 at stop Matterhorn. And there are buses from the airport to Haarlem and Leiden as well. Those buses may be a bit full though tomorrow...Well, there are always taxi's


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.