FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2080797-mess-ams-today-april-2022-onwards.html)

erik123 Aug 19, 2022 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Kays2626 (Post 34527474)
thanks for all your responds @my tui question.

but apparently I was right and privium isn’t working now, even tho my question kinda made irritations.

- I can’t apply on a membership
- I couldn’t skip tui checkin line for economy

and the „meet and service“ function is also outbooked already.

so - in the end - I can just arrive early and pray. What a pity.

thanks for your help!

Even if you could apply you wouldn't be able to make an appointment easily for the eye scan. Though just showing up as a drop-in has worked in the past.

Anyway, crowds are significantly less now as the school holidays have ended in NL so I wouldn't worry too much.

Xandrios Aug 19, 2022 2:40 am

Datapoint on Privium: A family member signed up for Privium about a month ago, through the regular privium website (not via Amex). Was able to make an appointment a few weeks later. Appointment was for November or so, but first time passing through AMS allowed him to do the scan by just walking into the lounge at a quiet time.

Fabo.sk Aug 19, 2022 3:36 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 34526134)
Not quite coherent, so not sure what exactly to make of this, but if you have any inside information on TUI passenger and Privium member demographics and behavior then by all means enlighten us. Or is your personal knowledge of Privium restricted to what you (and everybody else) can find online? How many TUI flights do you have under your belt?

Johan

In this case, I would tend to agree. TUI passengers overwhelmingly travel in pairs or with families. It's highly likely that if a Privium holder finds themselves on a TUI flight, they are travelling with someone who does not have the card.

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 34526544)
Thanks! Flying the 24th and we were planning to get from Lelylaan to Schiphol. Hopefully some more details on the regions will be published allowing to minimize impact. Thankfully there seem to be very few trains 'north' from Schiphol - those require change at Zwolle.

In theory, if you travel early in the morning, bus 247. Otherwise metro and change to bus. But at the point trains are not running, you are probably better off in a taxi...

In any case I don't think sprinters from Centraal via Schiphol will be impacted by a strike in region North.

Originally Posted by Kays2626 (Post 34527474)
thanks for all your responds @my tui question.

but apparently I was right and privium isn’t working now, even tho my question kinda made irritations.

- I can’t apply on a membership
- I couldn’t skip tui checkin line for economy

and the „meet and service“ function is also outbooked already.

so - in the end - I can just arrive early and pray. What a pity.

thanks for your help!

You were not right, Privium absolutely is working now.
They are just not accepting new members.

FlyerStijn Aug 19, 2022 9:23 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 34526137)
Are you saying you prefer the KLM lounges to Privium when the former are not busy?

Johan

On the Schengen side I quite like a calm Crown lounge. I think I like the brighter spacier feeling. It was very crowded though. So it wouldn’t have felt spacious. First time trying the Privium express lounge though, and it pleasantly surprised me.

Fabo.sk Aug 19, 2022 1:04 pm

Privium Express lounge is definitely quieter.
I will admit that the catering leaves something to be desired. It does serve my purpose though. Have a full breakfast in landside club lounge, then go through security and chill in Express with a coffee and a water until time to leave for boarding comes.

johan rebel Aug 19, 2022 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 34528897)
Privium Express lounge is definitely quieter. I will admit that the catering leaves something to be desired.

It does, but then the lounge lacks the facilities required to provide proper catering. Back when pandemic quiescence held Schiphol in its grip the Express lounge staff would bend over backwards to prepare fresh sandwiches for me, having the bread of my choice etc. brought over from the landside lounge.

As for the KL NS lounge, I really struggle to think of anything to commend it, even when it is not busy. The catering totally sucks regardless of how many patrons are in the lounge, but I guess the toilets may be a bit less filthy when the cleaners don't have to fight hordes of pax answering urgent calls of nature for access.

Johan

boss315 Aug 20, 2022 10:02 am

Any insight on effects of rail strike over next week for those of us arriving 26-29 August?

johan rebel Aug 20, 2022 10:18 am

Originally Posted by boss315 (Post 34530755)
Any insight on effects of rail strike over next week for those of us arriving 26-29 August?

You'll have to be a lot more specific if you want answer that can be of any help.

Which date precisely? I assume you plan on catching a train on arrival, but where to?

Johan

boss315 Aug 20, 2022 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 34530794)
You'll have to be a lot more specific if you want answer that can be of any help.

Which date precisely? I assume you plan on catching a train on arrival, but where to?

Johan

speaking generally for transport during that time frame...was trying not to be too self-centered in my ask! Arriving the 29th into AMS and departing 30 or 31.
And thanks for always being helpful to all of us!!!

HadesNL Aug 20, 2022 12:26 pm

Seems today was a busy day:
https://nos.nl/artikel/2441413-opnie...lang-in-de-rij

https://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nieu...digde-reacties

It pays to look at twitter #schiphol > latest = for an up to date situation
https://twitter.com/hashtag/schiphol?f=live

Besides today's casual shortage of security staff
Could be the start of the end of the summerholiday which will cause people to depart back to their home countries

And oh my!
Being asked to stop filming or making photos of the queue.....
Seems a shrewd way of making sure passengers have no proof or timestamp that they are in a queue if the compensation scheme will be extended untill end of August....
for refresher: https://www.schiphol.nl/en/missed-flight-compensation

EDIT : tried posting the Twitter- link but no access for this action allowed, so a screenshot instead

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...512f176d7.jpeg

johan rebel Aug 20, 2022 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 34531061)
Being asked to stop filming or making photos of the queue.

Any legal basis for that?

Johan

CyBeR Aug 21, 2022 12:49 am

Originally Posted by johan rebel (Post 34531336)
Any legal basis for that?

Johan

Outside the building, none whatsoever. Inside, maybe.

etiene Aug 21, 2022 1:27 am

Leaving from H on easyJet at 1845 with American [thus non-Privium] wife - wasn't planning on getting there before about five, but I see yesterday was another sh*tshow. Any recent Sunday evening experince not reported...? There aren't all that many flights left to go by early evening, so it would seem less likely that four+ hour queues would appear.

On a different note: anyone with experience of RTP-NL? Alledgedly live now, but can't find much by way of detail online.

erik123 Aug 21, 2022 2:38 am

Isn't easyjet all from M? Without Privium I'd be comfortable with 2 hours as that should be a fairly quiet time leaving - very busy arriving as it's the last day of the school break for the North of the country.

BTW - I've heard you can fit two pax through the privium gate with one card if there's no-one watching.

etiene Aug 21, 2022 2:50 am

Originally Posted by erik123 (Post 34532382)
Isn't easyjet all from M? Without Privium I'd be comfortable with 2 hours as that should be a fairly quiet time leaving - very busy arriving as it's the last day of the school break for the North of the country.

BTW - I've heard you can fit two pax through the privium gate with one card if there's no-one watching.

M is Schengen, H is non-Schengen. They're the same gates - they just open the door from one corridor or the other - but obviously H are accessible from the general concourse whereas M are cut off [and have very little in the way of facilities]. We're actually down in the app as a G gate at the moment, which U2 do end up on occasionally - not that it makes much difference.

Does seem more likely that arrivals will be busier than departures, especially as evening comes. App says peak day though, and while I thought everything was slowly improving suddenly seems like yesterday was chaos.