FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   KLM Flying Dutchman (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman-493/)
-   -   Mess in AMS today - April 2022 onwards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/klm-flying-dutchman/2080797-mess-ams-today-april-2022-onwards.html)

terrier Aug 17, 2022 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Kays2626 (Post 34519894)
i have a flight on 26.09 at 11am from AMS to curaçao.
I know right now it’s seems to be kinda clam, but im obviously a little bit nervous.
unfortunately there isn’t a way from TUI to book something with express lines. Even Privium is not working for tui customers.

my question: is there any way to buy something like an express service? I’m not a member in any club or something like this.

See https://www.schiphol.nl/en/at-schiph...eet-and-assist - but book quickly if you want this, as I see some scattered dates in September are already fully booked.

Fritz Aug 17, 2022 2:01 am

Originally Posted by erik123 (Post 34521224)
M gates also has Privium I believe.

Correct.

Fabo.sk Aug 17, 2022 7:50 am

M gates also have privium, however the pier is only used by easyJet and Ryanair (Ryanair not having actual Schengen flights, therefore using H gates, not M gates).

Curacao is however non-Schengen so the questioner will use Departures 3 checkpoint either way.

Regarding Privium Plus, it works, technically, even without a ticket at all, of course that is at the very least a breach of terms and conditions and probably illegal as such.
With a TUI BP all is well of course.

Therefore I believe Johan is right, as the "does not work with TUI" refers to the priority checkin. TUI is not in the list indeed.

Furthermore I'm not sure if it is possible to arrange Privium membership with a ~months notice. Certainly in June waiting times were much longer than that.

edit: Privium is currently not accepting new applications until at least September 1st

b12e Aug 17, 2022 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 34521993)
M gates also have privium, however the pier is only used by easyJet and Ryanair (Ryanair not having actual Schengen flights, therefore using H gates, not M gates).

Curacao is however non-Schengen so the questioner will use Departures 3 checkpoint either way.

Regarding Privium Plus, it works, technically, even without a ticket at all, of course that is at the very least a breach of terms and conditions and probably illegal as such.
With a TUI BP all is well of course.

Therefore I believe Johan is right, as the "does not work with TUI" refers to the priority checkin. TUI is not in the list indeed.

Furthermore I'm not sure if it is possible to arrange Privium membership with a ~months notice. Certainly in June waiting times were much longer than that.

edit: Privium is currently not accepting new applications until at least September 1st

I also never had the pleasure of using M gates.

that said, luggage drop-off for Tui should not cause an extra long wait, so the benefit of Privium would really be in security and passport control, which generally (especially security) can be a bottleneck with long waits.

looking at this thread, the waits are seriously shorter than they were even a few weeks ago, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Privium also probably isn't worth it for a one-off use anyway.

I was thankful that I signed up for Privium when I did early april, making the appointment on Friday for the Thursday after (the 8th). As 💩 started hitting the fan a few weeks after when the meivakantie started.

Fabo.sk Aug 17, 2022 3:56 pm

Impeccable timing.

Also congratulations on your M gate situation. The bleakness of the situation in the concourse is only overshadowed by the fact that you are about to fly easyJet.

irishguy28 Aug 18, 2022 1:29 am

Series of regional NS strikes from Wednesday 24 August

The Nederlandse Spoorwegen will experience a rolling sequence of regional strikes as of next week. On Wednesday 24 August, the "North" region will have no trains; on Friday 26 August, the "West" region will have no trains. In the following week, it's the turn of "Northwest" (Monday 29), "Central" (Tuesday 30) and "East and South" (Wednesday 31 August).

I've not yet seen any strict geographical breakdown of these regions, but I assume Schiphol falls in the "West" region; so if you were planning on taking the train from anywhere in NL to Schiphol on Friday of next week you should probably start making alternate arrangements.While it's planned that trains will run in the other regions on the days of these strikes, but clearly passengers there will also experience disruptions.

If by 31 August the unions are not satisfied, action will be upgraded to nationwide strikes in early September.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2022/08/unions-call-rail-strikes-from-next-wednesday-as-pay-talks-fail/

kprrr Aug 18, 2022 3:34 am

I asked on Twitter which region Schiphol is, as I’m returning there myself on August 29th. The answer was, it depends on the origin and destination. So to make things more confusing: your train might or might not run on all the dates! Taxi’s will probably be expensive and have a waiting time, so my advice is to book one in advance.

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 34524478)
The Nederlandse Spoorwegen will experience a rolling sequence of regional strikes as of next week. On Wednesday 24 August, the "North" region will have no trains; on Friday 26 August, the "West" region will have no trains. In the following week, it's the turn of "Northwest" (Monday 29), "Central" (Tuesday 30) and "East and South" (Wednesday 31 August).

I've not yet seen any strict geographical breakdown of these regions, but I assume Schiphol falls in the "West" region; so if you were planning on taking the train from anywhere in NL to Schiphol on Friday of next week you should probably start making alternate arrangements.While it's planned that trains will run in the other regions on the days of these strikes, but clearly passengers there will also experience disruptions.

If by 31 August the unions are not satisfied, action will be upgraded to nationwide strikes in early September.

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2022/0...ay-talks-fail/

kprrr Aug 18, 2022 3:38 am

And here’s another update on the security line situation: at 10am this morning it took me 20mins from train to lounge. 5 minutes was for the security line, 15 minutes for KMAR.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...220e5af00.jpeg

GUWonder Aug 18, 2022 6:00 am

Originally Posted by b12e (Post 34519903)
I never flew Tui, so this is a honest question: Unless Tui uses the M gates, why would Privium not work?

The Privium Plus thing for premium/business class check-in thing only works with the following airlines:

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/privium/b...lass-check-in/

If a Privium member is traveling with non-Privium members -- something that probably is the case for a lot of TUI flyers since they seem to often fill up with people traveling together with one or more other person in their travel party -- that can be another monkey wrench thrown into the travel picture at AMS.

FlyerStijn Aug 18, 2022 6:56 am

Datapoint today at 10:15

Arrived by train at 10:15
Got to the lounge at 10:30 with priority security. Only 1 scanner active with very slow processing.
We got led to departures 1 security as it was much calmer there. Faster scanner guy as well.
Went to Privium lounge as crown lounge was very busy.

Boarding was on time but we stood on the tarmac for 50-60 minutes waiting for a pushback truck.

CyBeR Aug 18, 2022 11:11 am

Arrived by train at 18:21, no one checking boarding passes for the 4-hour rule, no wait for SP check-in, employee checking for priority security still there, no wait for security (priority nor regular), backpack had more than 5 items in it (my bad) so went to secondary, butt in lounge seat by 18:40. I'd have taken a photo but it'd be identical to the one above. To be fair this was expected for a flight at 20:50, though I still came a little earlier than I normally would juuuust in case.

johan rebel Aug 18, 2022 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 34524921)
If a Privium member is traveling with non-Privium members -- something that probably is the case for a lot of TUI flyers since they seem to often fill up with people traveling together with one or more other person in their travel party.

Not quite coherent, so not sure what exactly to make of this, but if you have any inside information on TUI passenger and Privium member demographics and behavior then by all means enlighten us. Or is your personal knowledge of Privium restricted to what you (and everybody else) can find online? How many TUI flights do you have under your belt?

Johan

johan rebel Aug 18, 2022 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerStijn (Post 34525070)
Went to Privium lounge as crown lounge was very busy.

Are you saying you prefer the KLM lounges to Privium when the former are not busy?

Johan

Xandrios Aug 18, 2022 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 34524478)

Thanks! Flying the 24th and we were planning to get from Lelylaan to Schiphol. Hopefully some more details on the regions will be published allowing to minimize impact. Thankfully there seem to be very few trains 'north' from Schiphol - those require change at Zwolle.

Kays2626 Aug 19, 2022 12:27 am

thanks for all your responds @my tui question.

but apparently I was right and privium isn’t working now, even tho my question kinda made irritations.

- I can’t apply on a membership
- I couldn’t skip tui checkin line for economy

and the „meet and service“ function is also outbooked already.

so - in the end - I can just arrive early and pray. What a pity.

thanks for your help!